Mixed luck for bowlers
Wymondham Bowls Club have played two games in the Summer League Division Two. They played Thurton away on July 2, where this is the first time in history that these teams have met.
Wymondham Bowls Club have played two games in the Summer League Division Two.
They played Thurton away on July 2, where this is the first time in history that these teams have met. The first session proved to be difficult as this was a location they had never played before and suffered a 4-0 first session defeat.
In the second session S Archer, S Foster and D Phillips providing the only win 19-14, with C Mann's triple's both losing but with a leg injury for C Mann made it difficult.
Then on the July 4 they played Watton away and had a brilliant 6-2 win with D Phillips winning both games and C Mann winning one, which looked in doubt considering he was 10-3 down after seven ends and then picking up three points in three ends to then go on and win.
You may also want to watch:
This puts them top of the league by eight points and a game in hand which they play Friday at Kirby Bedon B.
Norfolk played a friendly match against Cambridge at Manea, Cambridgeshire on the July 6 where this was a chance for some of the younger generation to prove themselves to get a place in the county squad for the forthcoming winter season. The day was a success with most of the young people having good games.
- 1 Nine in 10 want more Post Office services – but no new branch on the cards
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk elections 2021: Conservative gain in the south
- 3 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 4 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 5 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 6 7 cheap or free things to do in Norfolk this weekend
- 7 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 8 Who can I vote for on Election Day 2021 in Wymondham?
- 9 Norfolk airfield to host testing of 'world-first' electric plane
- 10 Town's mayor re-elected despite complaint over date of vote
It was a successful day for M Lindsell, R Lamb and C Mann who were awarded the best triple for Norfolk.