Mixed fortunes for Hethersett Hawks at Great Blakenham
- Credit: Archant
Hethersett Hawks/Myhill Decorators travelled to their final South East & Eastern League Division One match at Great Blakenham where they faced a Suffolk side at full strength and cementing their top two place in the league.
Hethersett battled hard but had to wait until heat eight before their first heat win — a 6-4 by Liam Webster and Harley Hamill.
With the match looking safe and Richard Williamson limited to just one ride, Blakenham gave outings to no fewer than five substitutes in the second half. Dan Chambers notched a couple of late wins to top the scorers with Glyn Morgan notching up the scalp of Adam Peck in heat 10. Both teams will be in the British KO Cup Regional Play-offs on September 10.
Great Blakenham 90 Hethersett 68: D Chambers 16, L Webster 12, G Morgan 11, D Butler 11, L Cossey 9, H Hamill 7, K Adams 2.
The main focus for Hethersett was the Division Two match and the Hawks secured the victory that keeps them on track for runners-up spot that would be secured with a home win over Norwich in a rearranged match on September 3.
You may also want to watch:
The Hawks' line-up contained three females but it was Liam Webster and Harley Hamill who secured victory with a 6-4 win in the final heat after Blakenham had kept their hopes alive with a 7-3 in heat 14.
Great Blakenham B 76 Hethersett B 82: L Webster 22, H Hamill 19, D Butler 16, G Morgan 13, A Larter 6, K Adams 4, O Nicholas 2.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 3 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road
- 4 Who can I vote for on Election Day 2021 in Wymondham?
- 5 Nine in 10 want more Post Office services – but no new branch on the cards
- 6 The postcard collector who preserved Norfolk history
- 7 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 8 How you can create a hedgehog haven
- 9 'A whirlwind' - how 19-year-old became baking sensation in lockdown
- 10 Town's mayor re-elected despite complaint over date of vote
Owen Wells was absent from action Sunday as he was travelling back from Exeter where he contested the British Youth & Junior Under-18 Grand Prix. He gave his best performance to date with a third place in the B Final.
Bowls: Gissing Bowls Club: NCF League, Gissing Gold 58 Gorleston Tigers 45 (6-3, Gissing names first): J Jolly, G Forster, P Forster 32; Y Eaglen, S McWilliam, T Leighton 14. D Last, P Last, M Coe 12; R Cook, B Knights, S Knowles 12. M Jolly, R Cornwall, P Whymark 14; P Eaglen, H Freeman, S Leighton 19.
Upper Waveney League: Gissing 87 Stradbroke & District 41 (6-1): D Wood, J Harrison, S Thompson 23; P Chetwynd, M Murray, J Dann 15. C Forster, B Royal, P Whymark 23; P Lewis, L Lofts, M Ellis 8. G Hammond, R Knights, G Forster 10; J Alderton, S Theobold, D Cattermole 14. D Last, P Last, P Forster 31; M Murray, T Bannun, N Whatling 4.