Mixed fortunes for Hethersett Hawks at Great Blakenham
- Credit: Archant
Hethersett Hawks/Myhill Decorators travelled to their final South East & Eastern League Division One match at Great Blakenham where they faced a Suffolk side at full strength and cementing their top two place in the league.
Hethersett battled hard but had to wait until heat eight before their first heat win — a 6-4 by Liam Webster and Harley Hamill.
With the match looking safe and Richard Williamson limited to just one ride, Blakenham gave outings to no fewer than five substitutes in the second half. Dan Chambers notched a couple of late wins to top the scorers with Glyn Morgan notching up the scalp of Adam Peck in heat 10. Both teams will be in the British KO Cup Regional Play-offs on September 10.
Great Blakenham 90 Hethersett 68: D Chambers 16, L Webster 12, G Morgan 11, D Butler 11, L Cossey 9, H Hamill 7, K Adams 2.
The main focus for Hethersett was the Division Two match and the Hawks secured the victory that keeps them on track for runners-up spot that would be secured with a home win over Norwich in a rearranged match on September 3.
You may also want to watch:
The Hawks' line-up contained three females but it was Liam Webster and Harley Hamill who secured victory with a 6-4 win in the final heat after Blakenham had kept their hopes alive with a 7-3 in heat 14.
Great Blakenham B 76 Hethersett B 82: L Webster 22, H Hamill 19, D Butler 16, G Morgan 13, A Larter 6, K Adams 4, O Nicholas 2.
- 1 'Little fighter' Rian battling complex mix of heart conditions
- 2 Can you rehome this Terrier who has spent nine years at animal sanctuary?
- 3 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 4 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 5 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 6 Egg and Spud Man's delivery service booms in lockdown
- 7 People with Covid could get £500 to stay at home
- 8 New Toolstation branch coming to Wymondham?
- 9 Inspectors praise Norfolk firefighters for help during Covid surge
- 10 Hethersett student offered place at prestigious music school
Owen Wells was absent from action Sunday as he was travelling back from Exeter where he contested the British Youth & Junior Under-18 Grand Prix. He gave his best performance to date with a third place in the B Final.
Bowls: Gissing Bowls Club: NCF League, Gissing Gold 58 Gorleston Tigers 45 (6-3, Gissing names first): J Jolly, G Forster, P Forster 32; Y Eaglen, S McWilliam, T Leighton 14. D Last, P Last, M Coe 12; R Cook, B Knights, S Knowles 12. M Jolly, R Cornwall, P Whymark 14; P Eaglen, H Freeman, S Leighton 19.
Upper Waveney League: Gissing 87 Stradbroke & District 41 (6-1): D Wood, J Harrison, S Thompson 23; P Chetwynd, M Murray, J Dann 15. C Forster, B Royal, P Whymark 23; P Lewis, L Lofts, M Ellis 8. G Hammond, R Knights, G Forster 10; J Alderton, S Theobold, D Cattermole 14. D Last, P Last, P Forster 31; M Murray, T Bannun, N Whatling 4.