Mixed fortunes for Connaught
CONNAUGHT Bowls Club, Attleborough, had a busy but mainly unsuccessful week.The men's EBA A side beat Norfolk Bowling Club B in South 1 by 79-39 and 4-1.
CONNAUGHT Bowls Club, Attleborough, had a busy but mainly unsuccessful week.
The men's EBA A side beat Norfolk Bowling Club B in South 1 by 79-39 and 4-1. P Castle 16-21, J Ross 28-10, W Adcock 35-8.
The side did less well in the Fermoy Cup, going down by an overall 21 shots to two strong fours fielded by Acle B.
The EBA B side lost by maximum points at Long Stratton in South 2 and were hammered by Wortwell in the Fermoy Cup in below-par performances.
You may also want to watch:
In the Top Club Connaught Ladies won two of the four disciplines but lost by 67-76 on overall shots in a tough battle at Great Yarmouth.
Singles: Sylvia Parsons won 21-17. Pairs: Vera Moore (skip) lost 14-22. Triples: Sheila Bragg (skip) won 22-8. Fours: Alison Rush (skip) lost 10-29.
- 1 Local election results 2021: All the winners in Wymondham
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk elections 2021: Conservative gain in the south
- 3 'It's a blow for the community' - Day centre closes after 43 years
- 4 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 5 Nine in 10 want more Post Office services – but no new branch on the cards
- 6 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 7 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 8 Family to open cafe named for 'cheeky' twins who fought rare disease
- 9 Who can I vote for on Election Day 2021 in Wymondham?
- 10 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
The club showed its strength in playing numbers by fielding four teams in the Ashill Mixed Triples League.
In Division One Connaught A lost at home to Thetford A by 49-63 and 2-6.
In Division Two Connaught B won 55-38 and 6-2 at Northwold but Connaught D lost 54-62 and 2-6 at home to Wymondham Dell B.
In Division Five Connaught C lost 43-55 and 2-6 at Thetford C.
Public coaching sessions have gone very well and have resulted in several people joining the club.
The sessions continue on Saturday 10am to noon.