Miles leads way with hat-trick as Attleborough Town cruise home
- Credit: Archant
Attleborough Town made the trip to North Walsham on Saturday for their final game of 2017.
After a comprehensive defeat to Walsham earlier in the season, Boro were keen to make amends and finish off the calendar year in style - and that's exactly what they did
One change was made to the starting line-up from last week's win with Miles coming in for a start up front.
The away side were penned in their own half for much of the opening exchanges but Guinness remained relatively untested in the Boro goal.
It was Boro who took the lead, somewhat against the run of play, when Flynn and Miles forced the ball through the Walsham back line, with the latter calmly rounding the goalkeeper and slotting home.
You may also want to watch:
The visitors were now starting to find their feet in the game and doubled their lead shortly afterwards through Miles once again. Wright played a clever ball through and the striker finished well just inside the box.
Boro made it 3-0 with less than half an hour played when Carr found himself free on the left hand side. The winger cut back in on his favoured right foot and curled a fantastic shot into the top right corner.
- 1 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 2 Man found with cannabis and £1,800 in lockdown, court hears
- 3 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 4 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 5 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
- 6 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 7 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 8 Greater Anglia pledges to begin Wymondham station improvements this year
- 9 New Norfolk Trail could 'attract more money' into market town
- 10 Man charged with drink-driving on the A11
The lead was nearly reduced shortly after when a pull-back from the Walsham striker found his teammate but he could only hit the post from 12 yards out and Guinness then pulled off a great save from the rebound.
Boro found their fourth goal midway through the second half after some battling play from the impressive Fuller enabled him to release the lively Miles on the right hand side and he slotted the ball home at the second time of asking to complete a well deserved hat-trick.
Walsham then responded as a rare hiccup by the Boro back four allowed the attacker to create some space and fire in a low shot that beat Guinness.
However the game was wrapped up in the last few minutes as Alibone found himself in acres of space on the counter-attack. The all action midfielder finished well into the bottom corner to ensure there was no doubt that the three points would be heading back to the Rec.
Boro now go into the Christmas break just one point off the leaders in Anglian Combination Division One although they have played more games than other teams around them.