Melton U13 beat Garboldisham
Great Melton U13 beat Garboldisham U13 by 70 runs at Melton Park in the Alan Bridgewater Cup.Melton powered to their second win of the week with a convincing performance at home to a Garboldisham side they had lost to earlier in the season.
Great Melton U13 beat Garboldisham U13 by 70 runs at Melton Park in the Alan Bridgewater Cup.
Melton powered to their second win of the week with a convincing performance at home to a Garboldisham side they had lost to earlier in the season.
The visitors were restricted to 283-7, a net score of 227, thanks to an excellent fielding performance. All eight boys had a hand in the seven dismissals, there were two wickets apiece for Michael Farmer (2-9) and Connor Stearman (2-7) and one each from Chris Greenslade (1-12) and Sam Carding (1-20), a run out by the combined efforts of Alex Tonnison and Sam Farmer plus two good catches from Brad Harcourt and Craig Woolrich.
L Holland top-scored for Garboldisham with 13 but he was dismissed twice.
Woolrich (15no) and Palmer (8no) then gave Melton the perfect start to their innings with a partnership of 30. Farmer (5) and Carding (3) added 19 but were each out once; Stearman (14) and Tonnison (3no) took the score to 275-3 and Greenslade (21no) and Harcourt (6no) finished an impressive batting display with 46 in the final four overs to take Melton's score to 321-3, a net score of 297 and a win by 70 runs.
- 1 The school where boys can wear skirts - but not shorts
- 2 Cyclist in her 50s dies in A11 crash
- 3 'A great day' - Wymondham holds first food and drink festival
- 4 A11 reopens after air ambulance called to crash
- 5 Wymondham teen wins silver medal at Archery World Cup
- 6 Property: How could the new laws for renters affect you?
- 7 Road closed in mid Norfolk after electrical cables catch fire
- 8 Football club treasurer stole funds to pay for slimming pills
- 9 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 10 Part of A11 to close for overnight repairs following crash