Melton U13 beat Garboldisham
Great Melton U13 beat Garboldisham U13 by 70 runs at Melton Park in the Alan Bridgewater Cup.Melton powered to their second win of the week with a convincing performance at home to a Garboldisham side they had lost to earlier in the season.
Great Melton U13 beat Garboldisham U13 by 70 runs at Melton Park in the Alan Bridgewater Cup.
Melton powered to their second win of the week with a convincing performance at home to a Garboldisham side they had lost to earlier in the season.
The visitors were restricted to 283-7, a net score of 227, thanks to an excellent fielding performance. All eight boys had a hand in the seven dismissals, there were two wickets apiece for Michael Farmer (2-9) and Connor Stearman (2-7) and one each from Chris Greenslade (1-12) and Sam Carding (1-20), a run out by the combined efforts of Alex Tonnison and Sam Farmer plus two good catches from Brad Harcourt and Craig Woolrich.
L Holland top-scored for Garboldisham with 13 but he was dismissed twice.
Woolrich (15no) and Palmer (8no) then gave Melton the perfect start to their innings with a partnership of 30. Farmer (5) and Carding (3) added 19 but were each out once; Stearman (14) and Tonnison (3no) took the score to 275-3 and Greenslade (21no) and Harcourt (6no) finished an impressive batting display with 46 in the final four overs to take Melton's score to 321-3, a net score of 297 and a win by 70 runs.
- 1 Meet the new team behind revamped village pub
- 2 New Co-op branch opening its doors in Wymondham
- 3 The fight is on to save a Norfolk village's Post Office
- 4 Man who survived motorcycle crash died from Covid, inquest told
- 5 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?
- 6 Man taken to hospital after car crashed into ditch
- 7 Council leader refuses to condemn Downing Street parties
- 8 Soprano wins Norfolk Young Musician 2022 competition
- 9 Liz Truss sidesteps leadership question as she backs 'fantastic' PM
- 10 Inquest into Banham Poultry deaths adjourned again amid manslaughter probe