Melton's good form continues
In Norfolk League Division Three Great Melton B continued their good form with another victory.This time it was over Saham Toney A, but at 64 for six, it looked like being anything but a good day at the office.
In Norfolk League Division Three Great Melton B continued their good form with another victory.
This time it was over Saham Toney A, but at 64 for six, it looked like being anything but a good day at the office.
With the top three of Phil Lachowycz (4), Owen Taylor (2) and Nick Gristwood (0) all falling cheaply, it was left to skipper Jon Moxon (26) to get some runs on the board.
When he was out, quickly followed by Steve Clarke (10) and David Bunn (4), Melton looked in real trouble but the strength in depth in their batting saw them launch a recovery.
You may also want to watch:
Craig Hepple started it off with a well-run 25 and veteran campaigners Henry Wanchoo and Grenville Ireland batted sensibly to take Melton to 162 for nine.
Wanchoo, making his first appearance of the season having moved away, scored 28, Ireland 18 and Chris Wardale hit nine valuable runs at the end. R Palmer (12-1-27-3) was Saham Toney's best bowler.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 3 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 4 Nine in 10 want more Post Office services – but no new branch on the cards
- 5 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road
- 6 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 7 Who can I vote for on Election Day 2021 in Wymondham?
- 8 Norfolk airfield to host testing of 'world-first' electric plane
- 9 The postcard collector who preserved Norfolk history
- 10 Car dealership next to doctor's surgery given go-ahead
It wasn't a big score to defend, but with Wanchoo and Ireland as effective with the ball as they had been with the bat, it was too much for the visitors.
After lively opening spells by Wardale (5-0-18-0) and Hepple (6-2-13-1), Wanchoo and Ireland tied the batsmen down and took wickets at regular intervals as Saham Toney were bowled out for 104.
Wanchoo completed a good all-round performance with excellent figures of 10-4-16-2 and Ireland weighed in with four for 38 from his 12 overs.