Medals haul for Swan swimmers
After great success at the Norfolk ASA Championships and coming first in the opening round of the Norfolk Junior League Championship, Norwich Swan SC travelled to the Sportspark pool at UEA with justifiable confidence.
Norwich Swan Swimming Club, based at Wymondham, are celebrating a real improvement.
After great success at the Norfolk ASA Championships and coming first in the opening round of the Norfolk Junior League Championship, Norwich Swan travelled to UEA with justifiable confidence.
This time it was the Norfolk ASA Relay Championship, and the fact that they were up against the best swimmers that Norfolk can provide simply added to the sense of the occasion.
After a series of greatly improved performances, including two bronze medals in the boys' 11/12 years 200m medley relay and the girls' 17/plus 200m freestyle relay, accompanied by a string of fourth places, an overall fourth position from eight teams represented a significant step forward compared to recent years.
You may also want to watch:
In order to put this championship in perspective, one has to understand that not only does it attract the best swimmers in Norfolk, it also acts as a springboard for higher swimming honours such as the ASA Regional Championships at youth and age group levels, both of which will take place during the summer months at the UEA Sportspark pool.
Therefore for Swan to be involved at this level and to produce such meaningful results speaks volumes for the amount of physical and mental effort on the part of the swimmers and for the technical expertise of their coaches.
- 1 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 2 Millions could be spent on better cycle routes around Norwich
- 3 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 4 Indian variant Covid cases in Norfolk 'cause to be cautious'
- 5 Norfolk nurse's 'lightbulb moment' leads to star-studded dog show panel
- 6 "Buzz" at Norfolk gyms as classes return indoors
- 7 Ofsted praise for ‘inadequate’ Norfolk special school
- 8 'Let air in' - New campaign launched as lockdown measures eased
- 9 How can we manage the cost of my mother's care?
- 10 Concerns over divide in vaccine rates - what's the situation where you live?
The next major event for Norwich Swan will be the final round of the Norfolk Junior League on April 25 at the Wymondham Leisure Centre. Good luck to them all!