Medals delight for Wymondham AC
THE Norfolk AA Cross-Country Championship turned out to be a success story for Wymondham AC athletes, with six of them returning with county medals.The Championship was held at UEA.
THE Norfolk AA Cross-Country Championship turned out to be a success story for Wymondham AC athletes, with six of them returning with county medals.
The Championship was held at UEA. The course consisted of a loop around the playing fields including a long incline which the women had to tackle three times and the men five times. This was tough on the competitors but ideal for spectators.
Leading the WAC runners home were Kim Reader and Sharon Hurren who stayed close throughout the race pushing each other along, finishing just four seconds apart. They were followed by Tracy Stevens finishing as the first Ladies' Vet team and collecting gold medals. Juliet Cox, Angie Bear and Joules Kennelly all ran well but missed out on the silver medals as they were in different age group.
In the men's race, Tim Hill was leading the WAC runners home followed by James Sturgess and Karl Chapman. All three were way up in the field but missed out on a medal as their fourth team member was unable to compete.
You may also want to watch:
The WAC Vet men - James Birch, Gerry Watson, Alan Holland and Russell Cox - all ran well, finishing as the second Vets' team.
- 1 Missing 84-year-old man found safe and well
- 2 Bagpiper lifts spirits for care home residents on Burns Night
- 3 Lotus creates 250 new jobs - but will ditch some models
- 4 'Little fighter' Rian battling complex mix of heart conditions
- 5 Covid led to huge fall in Norfolk parking fines and £1.3m budget hole
- 6 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 7 Can you rehome this Terrier who has spent nine years at animal sanctuary?
- 8 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 9 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 10 New Toolstation branch coming to Wymondham?