Medals delight for Wymondham AC
THE Norfolk AA Cross-Country Championship turned out to be a success story for Wymondham AC athletes, with six of them returning with county medals.The Championship was held at UEA.
THE Norfolk AA Cross-Country Championship turned out to be a success story for Wymondham AC athletes, with six of them returning with county medals.
The Championship was held at UEA. The course consisted of a loop around the playing fields including a long incline which the women had to tackle three times and the men five times. This was tough on the competitors but ideal for spectators.
Leading the WAC runners home were Kim Reader and Sharon Hurren who stayed close throughout the race pushing each other along, finishing just four seconds apart. They were followed by Tracy Stevens finishing as the first Ladies' Vet team and collecting gold medals. Juliet Cox, Angie Bear and Joules Kennelly all ran well but missed out on the silver medals as they were in different age group.
In the men's race, Tim Hill was leading the WAC runners home followed by James Sturgess and Karl Chapman. All three were way up in the field but missed out on a medal as their fourth team member was unable to compete.
The WAC Vet men - James Birch, Gerry Watson, Alan Holland and Russell Cox - all ran well, finishing as the second Vets' team.
- 1 Café reopens with dog-friendly menu in Wymondham
- 2 Property spotlight: Inside six-bed Grade II listed home for sale for £695k
- 3 Hughes Electrical to close its Wymondham branch
- 4 Chef nominated for best wedding caterer of the year in the UK
- 5 Meet the new team behind revamped village pub
- 6 Man taken to hospital after car crashed into ditch
- 7 Man who survived motorcycle crash died from Covid, inquest told
- 8 New Co-op branch opening its doors in Wymondham
- 9 Delays and road partially blocked after crash near Wymondham
- 10 A11 reopened after two-vehicle crash