Medals delight for Wymondham AC
THE Norfolk AA Cross-Country Championship turned out to be a success story for Wymondham AC athletes, with six of them returning with county medals.The Championship was held at UEA.
THE Norfolk AA Cross-Country Championship turned out to be a success story for Wymondham AC athletes, with six of them returning with county medals.
The Championship was held at UEA. The course consisted of a loop around the playing fields including a long incline which the women had to tackle three times and the men five times. This was tough on the competitors but ideal for spectators.
Leading the WAC runners home were Kim Reader and Sharon Hurren who stayed close throughout the race pushing each other along, finishing just four seconds apart. They were followed by Tracy Stevens finishing as the first Ladies' Vet team and collecting gold medals. Juliet Cox, Angie Bear and Joules Kennelly all ran well but missed out on the silver medals as they were in different age group.
In the men's race, Tim Hill was leading the WAC runners home followed by James Sturgess and Karl Chapman. All three were way up in the field but missed out on a medal as their fourth team member was unable to compete.
The WAC Vet men - James Birch, Gerry Watson, Alan Holland and Russell Cox - all ran well, finishing as the second Vets' team.
- 1 21-year-old who sought mental health help died during Covid isolation
- 2 Cyclist in her 50s dies in A11 crash
- 3 The school where boys can wear skirts - but not shorts
- 4 'A great day' - Wymondham holds first food and drink festival
- 5 Can you complete the Census 2021 map game?
- 6 Wymondham teen wins silver medal at Archery World Cup
- 7 Property: How could the new laws for renters affect you?
- 8 New boss at historic Norfolk pub launches fresh menu and community events
- 9 7 dogs looking for new homes in Norfolk
- 10 Road closed in mid Norfolk after electrical cables catch fire