Medals delight for Wymondham AC
THE Norfolk AA Cross-Country Championship turned out to be a success story for Wymondham AC athletes, with six of them returning with county medals.The Championship was held at UEA.
THE Norfolk AA Cross-Country Championship turned out to be a success story for Wymondham AC athletes, with six of them returning with county medals.
The Championship was held at UEA. The course consisted of a loop around the playing fields including a long incline which the women had to tackle three times and the men five times. This was tough on the competitors but ideal for spectators.
Leading the WAC runners home were Kim Reader and Sharon Hurren who stayed close throughout the race pushing each other along, finishing just four seconds apart. They were followed by Tracy Stevens finishing as the first Ladies' Vet team and collecting gold medals. Juliet Cox, Angie Bear and Joules Kennelly all ran well but missed out on the silver medals as they were in different age group.
In the men's race, Tim Hill was leading the WAC runners home followed by James Sturgess and Karl Chapman. All three were way up in the field but missed out on a medal as their fourth team member was unable to compete.
You may also want to watch:
The WAC Vet men - James Birch, Gerry Watson, Alan Holland and Russell Cox - all ran well, finishing as the second Vets' team.
- 1 Decision due over controversial plans for 200 new homes
- 2 9 of the best places to see fireworks in Norfolk in 2021
- 3 Town council chaos emerges with groups not paying rent for decades
- 4 Norfolk Covid-19 case rates increase slightly, with 55 in hospital
- 5 'Unbelievably shocked': Norfolk garage team named best in country
- 6 Attleborough gas work road closures postponed until after Christmas
- 7 Two cars involved in crash on A11 slip road
- 8 'He would light up a room' - Tributes to community stalwart, Ian Harrison
- 9 Road closed after tractor trailor overturns near Wymondham
- 10 Norfolk sports retailer opens new fitness showroom