Mat's determination for you
THIRTY players from Wymondham Judo Club braved the heavy snow to take part in a grading at Stalham Sport Centre on Sunday.To earn their grades, players have to compete against other similar size and grade opponents - and they are assessed on a combination of wins and skill displayed.
THIRTY players from Wymondham Judo Club braved the heavy snow to take part in a grading at Stalham Sport Centre on Sunday.
To earn their grades, players have to compete against other similar size and grade opponents - and they are assessed on a combination of wins and skill displayed.
Lower grades will have previously completed a technique demonstration exam in-club, but higher grades are also assessed on this on the day.
As ever, the Wymondham players performed very well and earned some impressive grades between them, including eight belt changes.
You may also want to watch:
Results - Under-eights (up to 12 red tabs on a white belt): Gabriel Guilfoyle (+4), Maddie Sanders (+4), Ciaran O'Brien (+6), Elsie Sturdy (+7), Jacob Cook (+8), James Gadsby (+11).
Under-16's (up to five tabs on each belt): White Belt: James Mather (+2), Isaac Silver (+3). Yellow Belt: Michael Godden, Alex Bunn (+1), Alexander London (+1), Taylor Morris (+2), Owen Sully (+2), Joseph Bridges (+3), Thomas Goodrum (+5), Toby Goodrum (+5). Orange Belt: Ben Broom, Rebecca Crowe, Amelia Sturdy, Nathan Crowe (+1), Kevin Chui (+3), Alexander Tonnison (+4). Green Belt: Fenn Morris, Megan Wolstenholme, River Morris (+2). Blue Belt: Kiya Claydon (+2). Brown Belt: Sherridan Dye. Under 18's (two grades per belt): Orange Belt: Laurance Oakes (High). Brown Belt: Adam Claydon (High).
- 1 Nine in 10 want more Post Office services – but no new branch on the cards
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk elections 2021: Conservative gain in the south
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 5 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 6 7 cheap or free things to do in Norfolk this weekend
- 7 Who can I vote for on Election Day 2021 in Wymondham?
- 8 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 9 Norfolk airfield to host testing of 'world-first' electric plane
- 10 Town's mayor re-elected despite complaint over date of vote
Seniors (two grades per belt): Blue Belt: Andrew Gadsby (Low).