Mat finish is success
Wymondham Judo Club once again fielded over 50 players at the regional grading, held at Stalham.Having already completed their theory requirement in-club (although higher grades also have to demonstrate their theory on the day), several clubs get together every three months for similar age and grade opponents to compete against each other.
Wymondham Judo Club once again fielded over 50 players at the regional grading, held at Stalham.
Having already completed their theory requirement in-club (although higher grades also have to demonstrate their theory on the day), several clubs get together every three months for similar age and grade opponents to compete against each other.
In addition to taking into consideration the number of wins, examiners also look to skills displayed by competitors before awarding any grade.
As ever, the vast majority of Wymondham players returned with successful promotions - including 11 who earned new belts.
You may also want to watch:
Results - Under-8s (can earn up to 12 red tabs on a white belt): Gabriel Guilfoyle (+2), Joshua Spenton (+3), Jack Travis (+3), Thomas Starling (+4), George Allen (+4), Elsie Sturdy (+4), Harvey Lake (+4), James Mather (+4), Edward Elliot (+4), Jacob Cook (+5), Ciaran O'Brien (+5), Mitch Daglish (+5), James Gadsby (+6), Isaac Silver (+6), Jonathan Craven (+8), Thomas Peck (+9). Under-16s (can earn up to fivetabs on each of the coloured belts. Players cannot earn black belt until they are 18). White belt: Zac Daglish (+3), Alexander London (+3), Jamie Mayes (+3), Lucy Clowes (+4), Thomas Marshall (+4), James Cook (+5), Liam Marshall (+5), Toby Craven (+5). Yellow belt: Megan Thomas, Taylor Morris, Alex Bunn, Owen Sully (+1), William Booth (+2), Joseph Bridges (+2), Henry Craven (+3), Jake Walker (+3), Ben Broom (+4), Amelia Sturdy (+4), Robert Bull (+4), Rebecca Crowe (+5). Orange belt: Nathan Crowe, Kevin Chui (+1), Lewis Bull (+4), Megan Wolstenholme (+4), Fenn Morris (+5). Green belt: River Morris (+1), Jacob Ritchie (+1), Huw Thomas (+4). Blue Belt: Kiya Claydon, Joshua Bull (+1), Sherri Dye (+3)
Brown belt: Ashley Harrop (+3)
- 1 Town's mayor re-elected despite complaint over date of vote
- 2 The postcard collector who preserved Norfolk history
- 3 'A whirlwind' - how 19-year-old became baking sensation in lockdown
- 4 Person injured and road closed after crash
- 5 Who can I vote for on Election Day 2021 in Wymondham?
- 6 In full: Council's apology to 'vindicated' members after bullying claims
- 7 How you can create a hedgehog haven
- 8 Meet nine-year-old Airlie – the little baker with a big dream
- 9 Flying Scotsman visit to Mid Norfolk Railway confirmed
- 10 Headteacher's plea after near miss involving child in pushchair
Intermediate seniors - Orange belt: Rebecca Anderson-Brown (high).
Brown belt: Adam Claydon (low), Emma Thomas (low).
Seniors - Green belt: Andrew Gadsby (high).