Mat finish is success
Wymondham Judo Club once again fielded over 50 players at the regional grading, held at Stalham.Having already completed their theory requirement in-club (although higher grades also have to demonstrate their theory on the day), several clubs get together every three months for similar age and grade opponents to compete against each other.
Wymondham Judo Club once again fielded over 50 players at the regional grading, held at Stalham.
Having already completed their theory requirement in-club (although higher grades also have to demonstrate their theory on the day), several clubs get together every three months for similar age and grade opponents to compete against each other.
In addition to taking into consideration the number of wins, examiners also look to skills displayed by competitors before awarding any grade.
As ever, the vast majority of Wymondham players returned with successful promotions - including 11 who earned new belts.
You may also want to watch:
Results - Under-8s (can earn up to 12 red tabs on a white belt): Gabriel Guilfoyle (+2), Joshua Spenton (+3), Jack Travis (+3), Thomas Starling (+4), George Allen (+4), Elsie Sturdy (+4), Harvey Lake (+4), James Mather (+4), Edward Elliot (+4), Jacob Cook (+5), Ciaran O'Brien (+5), Mitch Daglish (+5), James Gadsby (+6), Isaac Silver (+6), Jonathan Craven (+8), Thomas Peck (+9). Under-16s (can earn up to fivetabs on each of the coloured belts. Players cannot earn black belt until they are 18). White belt: Zac Daglish (+3), Alexander London (+3), Jamie Mayes (+3), Lucy Clowes (+4), Thomas Marshall (+4), James Cook (+5), Liam Marshall (+5), Toby Craven (+5). Yellow belt: Megan Thomas, Taylor Morris, Alex Bunn, Owen Sully (+1), William Booth (+2), Joseph Bridges (+2), Henry Craven (+3), Jake Walker (+3), Ben Broom (+4), Amelia Sturdy (+4), Robert Bull (+4), Rebecca Crowe (+5). Orange belt: Nathan Crowe, Kevin Chui (+1), Lewis Bull (+4), Megan Wolstenholme (+4), Fenn Morris (+5). Green belt: River Morris (+1), Jacob Ritchie (+1), Huw Thomas (+4). Blue Belt: Kiya Claydon, Joshua Bull (+1), Sherri Dye (+3)
Brown belt: Ashley Harrop (+3)
- 1 'It's what they need to thrive': Butchers for dogs opens in town
- 2 Met Office to appeal over refusal of 80ft 'golf ball' weather radar tower
- 3 One in eight Breckland adults yet to receive Covid vaccine
- 4 How are Norfolk donkeys helping to spark joy across the county?
- 5 New interior design and homeware shop opens in town
- 6 Draconid meteor shower to be visible over Norfolk next month
- 7 Your favourite pub, café, restaurant and hotel in Norfolk revealed
- 8 Showers and clear spells in Norfolk and Waveney this week
- 9 A11 closed after lorry crashes into central reservation
- 10 Food hygiene rating at kebab shop jumps from 1 to 5 stars
Intermediate seniors - Orange belt: Rebecca Anderson-Brown (high).
Brown belt: Adam Claydon (low), Emma Thomas (low).
Seniors - Green belt: Andrew Gadsby (high).