Kelsey tackles rugby well
Kelsey Davis, from Attleborough, was selected as part of the East Region U15 girls' rugby squad on Sunday.This squad is picked from the county squads covering Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridgeshire, Hertfordshire and Essex and as such is keenly contested.
Kelsey Davis, from Attleborough, was selected as part of the East Region U15 girls' rugby squad on Sunday.
This squad is picked from the county squads covering Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridgeshire, Hertfordshire and Essex and as such is keenly contested.
The 14-year-old only started playing rugby this season at Swaffham Rugby Club which is one of a number of clubs in the county currently offering girls' rugby.
She plays in the front row of the scrum for the club and whilst this is a technical role she has taken to it very well indeed.
You may also want to watch:
She has also represented Eastern Counties (which covers Norfolk, Suffolk & Cambridgeshire) on a number of occasions.
Kelsey enjoys the physical nature of the sport and is one of the most devastating tacklers in the squad.
- 1 Former factory site to become a new church
- 2 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 3 Woodforde's takes over Old Buckenham pub closed for two years
- 4 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 5 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 8 See inside this restored period farmhouse for sale for £850,000
- 9 Chainsaw and 10 horse saddles stolen in burglary
- 10 Attleborough set to have no bank as Lloyds announces closure
The East Region squad covers a large part of the UK and will compete with other regional squads in the coming months.
Coach Ian Milligan said: “Obviously the club, her coaches and team-mates are very proud of Kelsey's achievement.
“This puts Kelsey on the first steps for potential development into the realms of England representation.”
If anyone would like details of Swaffham Rugby club or any other clubs offering girls' rugby in the region call Ian Milligan on 07917 327389 or email@example.com