James hits the bullseye
Viv Thomas Wymondham darts ace James Hubbard has hit the bullseye with a new sponsorship deal.The talented youngster, who has just turned 16, will be sponsored by civil engineering firm GSD Lamberts and Sons of Morley.
Wymondham darts ace James Hubbard has hit the bullseye with a new sponsorship deal.
The talented youngster, who has just turned 16, will be sponsored by civil engineering firm GSD Lamberts and Sons of Morley.
His dad Vic, a former England darts player himself, said: “He's really pleased because it costs so much. He will be sponsored for a couple of years so he can do the youth system with the British Darts Organisation to gain experience and hopefully win a few youth tournaments and make the World Cup team in America next year.”
You may also want to watch:
He explained how the deal came about: “My daughter knows one of the sons at Lamberts and we got in touch with him. He was so pleased James got picked for England.
“It's very difficult to get in that team, especially as he got in at such a young age. They are giving him £4,000 a year so he can try to do the best he can.”
- 1 Former factory site to become a new church
- 2 Woodforde's takes over Old Buckenham pub closed for two years
- 3 Man appears in court over Class A drug charge
- 4 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 5 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car
- 6 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 7 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 8 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 9 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 10 See inside this restored period farmhouse for sale for £850,000
James, a former Wymondham High School pupil who is awaiting the results of his exams to see where he will go for sixth form, was picked for the England U18 team which won two silver medals in the Europe Cup at Swansea University recently.