Jack all set for world challenge
Jack Spall, 12 of Attleborough High School has had an amazing 12 months, taking part in TAGB Taekwon Do competitions all over the United Kingdom. This continued by finishing on a high note in the annual North Midlands Championships in Derby, by pulling off another two more medals to add to his ever-growing collection.
Jack Spall, 12 of Attleborough High School has had an amazing 12 months, taking part in TAGB Taekwon Do competitions all over the United Kingdom.
This continued by finishing on a high note in the annual North Midlands Championships in Derby, by pulling off another two more medals to add to his ever-growing collection.
Proving he can stand up to the best of them he got all the way to the final in sparring and pulled off a proud second place silver medal by losing by just three points from a very well-executed reverse turning kick from his opponent.
Jack said: 'It was an excellent tournament and a real eye opener to watch some of the country's best practitioners compete and excellent to see my sparring coach pull off a gold medal in the adult black belt division.'
You may also want to watch:
Jack's end-of-season victory continued by winning the TAGB Anglian Academy overall best attendance of the year plaque for 2010 and runner up as student of the year achiever.
The last 12 months have been all part of leading up to the World Championships next month where the best competitors from 40 countries will be competing.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 3 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road
- 4 Who can I vote for on Election Day 2021 in Wymondham?
- 5 Nine in 10 want more Post Office services – but no new branch on the cards
- 6 The postcard collector who preserved Norfolk history
- 7 How you can create a hedgehog haven
- 8 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 9 Town's mayor re-elected despite complaint over date of vote
- 10 'A whirlwind' - how 19-year-old became baking sensation in lockdown
Jack wishes to thank his one-to-one coaches Mutar Hussin and Liam Palmer for all the help and training they have given him over the last year.