It’s tough for Tas Valley
HETHERSETT and Tas Valley are moving up the Norfolk Alliance Division Two table the hard way.
They are still searching for their first win after three games but have outplayed the opposition in their last two matches only to have to settle for winning draws.
On Saturday they came up against a stubborn Fakenham A side who seemed determined not to lose the game, while never attempting to match Hethersett's target of 272.
As a result Hethersett took a healthy haul of 16 points to push them up to fifth place, just nine points behind second-placed Horsford A.
Fakenham won the toss and put Hethersett in and the home side once again showed the strength in depth of their batting line-up with Simon Redhead top scoring with 51 in the unaccustomed position of opener.
You may also want to watch:
A number of wickets fell relatively cheaply but a middle order renaissance picked up the run rate to just under a run a ball as Hethersett finished on 271-7.
There was some lusty hitting from John Curtis (47) and Lee King (30) and Matt Steward was unbeaten on 46 to add to his 49 not out of the previous week.
- 1 Former factory site to become a new church
- 2 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 3 Woodforde's takes over Old Buckenham pub closed for two years
- 4 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 5 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 8 National Living Wage workers to receive pay rise next year
- 9 Chainsaw and 10 horse saddles stolen in burglary
- 10 Attleborough set to have no bank as Lloyds announces closure
Sometimes cricket tactics are difficult to fathom. Fakenham batted well but, despite not losing wickets, fell well behind the required run rate and ended up well short on 211-4.
Matt Ellis bowled a very tidy line and length to take 2-34 with the other wickets going to Julian Emeny (1-43) and Matt Steward (1-52).
This week Hethersett will be looking to achieve that elusive first victory when they visit bottom club Hillington.