Hurren’s in a hurry as she sets new club record
With the autumn races in full swing, members of Wymondham Athletics Club had a busy time competing in various events.
In the Yarmouth 10k road race, Wymondham runners produced some excellent results over the fast, flat course.
In-form Sharon Hurren led the women home, setting a new all-time club record.
Her time of 41:52 was a personal best and qualified her for second prize in the W35 age group.
Tracy Stevens (47:39) was first in the W40 category and together with Juliet Cox, finishing in a personal best time of 45:21, they collected the second ladies' team prize.
You may also want to watch:
Samantha Epps ran well, finishing in a personal best time of 52:58 followed by Kate Quentin-Hicks in 63:21.
In the men's race, Phil Waity was storming home in 37:08.
- 1 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 2 New Toolstation branch coming to Wymondham?
- 3 Can you rehome this Terrier who has spent nine years at animal sanctuary?
- 4 Lotus creates 250 new jobs - but will ditch some models
- 5 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 6 'Little fighter' Rian battling complex mix of heart conditions
- 7 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 8 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 9 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 10 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
Mark Tufts and Russell Cox produced an exciting finish, crossing the line in 44:24 and 44:25 respectively – both running a personal best time.
Mike Smith (H) finished in 48:47 and was rewarded with second prize in the M65 age group followed by Mike Smith (W) in 49:43 and Rodney Freeburn in a time of 62:37.
Four members travelled to Wisbech to compete in the Fenland 10-mile race and all returned with personal best times.
Louise Freestone was timed at 1-24:22, Cassie Barker 1-24:57, Jen Rudd 1-26:36 and Samantha Epps 1-30:11.
To celebrate his 67th birthday in true running style, Ron Marsh flew to Italy to compete in the Venice Marathon – together with fellow club members Roy Harvey, Jenny Christian and Angie Bear.
First home was Jenny in 3-45:28 which placed her first in the W55 age group, closely followed by Roy (3-43:01) and Angie (3-45:28).
The birthday boy followed in 5-18:30.