Exciting times for Hethersett & Tas Valley Cricket Club
- Credit: Archant
Hethersett and Tas Valley CC are busy preparing for the 2018 season which they hope will be one of the most successful in their history.
'It promises to be an exciting season,' said club secretary Richard Ellis.
'It will see the first team competing in the Norfolk Alliance Division Two, our second X1 in Norfolk Alliance Division Four, our third X1 in Norfolk League Division Three and our fourth X1 in Norfolk League Division Four,'
On Sundays, the club will be playing in Mid Norfolk Division One, Challenge Cup, Lady Mary Trophy and the national 'Davidstow' Village Cup where a final at Lord's is at stake.
'We will also be competing in the Over 40s social league, Broke Cup, Junior Cup and Bernard Matthews Cup as well as the usual midweek and evening friendlies. The club will also be running numerous junior teams at under-9, 11, 13, 15 and 19 levels,' Ellis added.
You may also want to watch:
For the first time Hethersett will be running a ladies team.
'It means there will be plenty of cricket for everyone. Junior and ladies training will take place on Thursday evenings and senior training will take place on Friday evenings.'
- 1 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 3 Man found with cannabis and £1,800 in lockdown, court hears
- 4 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 5 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
- 6 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 7 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 8 Greater Anglia pledges to begin Wymondham station improvements this year
- 9 Man charged with drink-driving on the A11
- 10 New Norfolk Trail could 'attract more money' into market town
Off the field the club has made more improvements to the outfield and signed up level three coach Ben France to assist with coaching and training. In addition the club has secured several major sponsors including Ellis Irrigation, Park Farm Hotel and Alan Boswell Insurance.
The club's winter nets will be held at Norwich High School for Girls (except one) on Newmarket Road, Norwich, on the following dates: January 31 from 7.30 to 9.30pm, February 7 from 7.30 to 9.30pm, February 25 (Town Close) 5-7pm, March 7 7.30 to 9.30pm, March 25 10am to noon, April 8 10am to noon. More information is available from Richard Ellis on 01508 470919 or via email: Richard.email@example.com.
The annual meeting of Old Buckenham CC will take place in the village hall on Sunday, January 28 at 7pm. All members are asked to attend and an invitation is also extended to any prospective new senior players. During the 2018 season the club will be running four senior teams on a Saturday, as well as a Sunday XI. In addition it will be continuing to operate its youth, girls and women's teams, plus regular Saturday morning coaching sessions for youngsters.