Exciting times for Hethersett & Tas Valley Cricket Club
- Credit: Archant
Hethersett and Tas Valley CC are busy preparing for the 2018 season which they hope will be one of the most successful in their history.
'It promises to be an exciting season,' said club secretary Richard Ellis.
'It will see the first team competing in the Norfolk Alliance Division Two, our second X1 in Norfolk Alliance Division Four, our third X1 in Norfolk League Division Three and our fourth X1 in Norfolk League Division Four,'
On Sundays, the club will be playing in Mid Norfolk Division One, Challenge Cup, Lady Mary Trophy and the national 'Davidstow' Village Cup where a final at Lord's is at stake.
'We will also be competing in the Over 40s social league, Broke Cup, Junior Cup and Bernard Matthews Cup as well as the usual midweek and evening friendlies. The club will also be running numerous junior teams at under-9, 11, 13, 15 and 19 levels,' Ellis added.
You may also want to watch:
For the first time Hethersett will be running a ladies team.
'It means there will be plenty of cricket for everyone. Junior and ladies training will take place on Thursday evenings and senior training will take place on Friday evenings.'
- 1 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
- 2 Attleborough set to have no bank as Lloyds announces closure
- 3 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 4 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters
- 5 Cat left 'terrified' after being dumped next to road by driver
- 6 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 7 Warning to check smoke alarms after family escaped fire
- 8 Furious Scout group demands apology from council in unpaid rents saga
- 9 Town council chaos emerges with groups not paying rent for decades
- 10 Decision due over controversial plans for 200 new homes
Off the field the club has made more improvements to the outfield and signed up level three coach Ben France to assist with coaching and training. In addition the club has secured several major sponsors including Ellis Irrigation, Park Farm Hotel and Alan Boswell Insurance.
The club's winter nets will be held at Norwich High School for Girls (except one) on Newmarket Road, Norwich, on the following dates: January 31 from 7.30 to 9.30pm, February 7 from 7.30 to 9.30pm, February 25 (Town Close) 5-7pm, March 7 7.30 to 9.30pm, March 25 10am to noon, April 8 10am to noon. More information is available from Richard Ellis on 01508 470919 or via email: Richard.email@example.com.
The annual meeting of Old Buckenham CC will take place in the village hall on Sunday, January 28 at 7pm. All members are asked to attend and an invitation is also extended to any prospective new senior players. During the 2018 season the club will be running four senior teams on a Saturday, as well as a Sunday XI. In addition it will be continuing to operate its youth, girls and women's teams, plus regular Saturday morning coaching sessions for youngsters.