Hethersett's goal blitz
HETHERSETT Athletic Ladies hit the goal-scoring trail to beat Taverham 9-0 to move up to fifth place in the Eastern Region Premier Division. With this being the only league fixture of the day, Hethersett moved to within three points of leaders Barking whom they beat the previous week.
HETHERSETT Athletic Ladies hit the goal-scoring trail to beat Taverham 9-0 to move up to fifth place in the Eastern Region Premier Division.
With this being the only league fixture of the day, Hethersett moved to within three points of leaders Barking whom they beat the previous week. Athletic are beginning to hit form at the right time and could still mount a serious assault on the league.
Emma Mulley led the way with four goals and Emily Coates scored a hat-trick to make her the top scorer in the division with eight goals.
Hethersett's other goals came from Jenna Thirtle and Lisa Ferdani. Hethersett face the toughest task possible as they begin their defence of the Eastern Region League Cup - a trophy they have won in the last two seasons. On Sunday they visit league leaders Barking in the first round.
You may also want to watch:
They will take heart from being the only team so far this season to beat Barking and also in the fact that on their way to the trophy in the last two seasons they defeated the league leaders Norwich City in 2007/2008 and Dagenham and Redbridge in 2008/2009.
Meanwhile, Hethersett Ladies Hearts had a remarkable 5-4 victory over Acle in the Norfolk Women's League Division Two. Acle had scored 25 goals in their previous two matches and proved to be a strong side. Hannah Waters led the way for Hethersett with a hat-trick and their other goals came from Hannah Dugdale and Amy Brookes.
- 1 'A whirlwind' - how 19-year-old became baking sensation in lockdown
- 2 The postcard collector who preserved Norfolk history
- 3 Person injured and road closed after crash
- 4 Town's mayor re-elected despite complaint over date of vote
- 5 Who can I vote for on Election Day 2021 in Wymondham?
- 6 How you can create a hedgehog haven
- 7 In full: Council's apology to 'vindicated' members after bullying claims
- 8 Meet nine-year-old Airlie – the little baker with a big dream
- 9 Flying Scotsman visit to Mid Norfolk Railway confirmed
- 10 'Get out and vote on election day': plea to people across Norfolk
Hethersett Athletic U17 Girls are top of the Norfolk and Suffolk League after back to back wins. This week they defeated St Benet's Wasps 3-1 with two goals from Hannah Waters and one from Lauren Matthews.
Hethersett Athletic U14 Girls notched their first win of the season with a deserved 2-1 victory at home to Red Rose with their goals coming from Ella Stephenson and Sophie Rock.