Hethersett Ladies up for cup
Hethersett Athletic Ladies will not be underestimating the opposition when they go into their Eastern Region Cup Final against Barking on Sunday.Despite having beaten Barking twice in the league this season, Hethersett know that it is the team that performs on the day that will take the trophy.
Hethersett Athletic Ladies will not be underestimating the opposition when they go into their Eastern Region Cup Final against Barking on Sunday.
Despite having beaten Barking twice in the league this season, Hethersett know that it is the team that performs on the day that will take the trophy.
“Getting to the cup final was one of our aims for this season and we have been training hard for this game. We believe that we can bring the trophy back to Norfolk but we certainly won't be under-estimating Barking. It is the team that has most desire on the day that will win. Barking are tough opposition and a cup final is a cup final,” said coach and joint manager Tom Parke.
Parke will be leaving his team selection to the last minute for the game which kicks off at Soham Rangers FC at 3pm.
You may also want to watch:
“I will pick the team from how the players perform at training leading up to the match and also on their commitment. I hope that the local community will support us and recognise how well we have done this season,” Parke added.
Hethersett will be hoping to add the cup to their Eastern Region Division One East championship gained last season. They still have a genuine chance of winning the Premier Division this season although the destiny of that trophy could be out of their hands.
- 1 Primary pupils thrilled by book donation
- 2 Cattle farmers and butchers create super-local food chain
- 3 Police chief warns of 'inevitable' rise in certain crimes after pandemic
- 4 Bakeaholics teen owner buys herself a whopping new kitchen
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Norfolk
- 6 'It's killing me': Abuse victim moved into flat with asbestos and mould
- 7 WATCH: Speedy Eva, 81, runs fastest mile on record for her age group
- 8 Cyclists set for 112-mile night ride in aid of 'always happy' Olivia, 7
- 9 Record numbers in Norfolk ‘pinged’ to isolate by NHS Covid app
- 10 Teens hurt and bike and e-scooter stolen in double robbery
Norwich City Ladies have four home games still to play and need a maximum 12 points to pip Hethersett for the title, providing Hethersett win their remaining two away games.
Meanwhile eight Hethersett players have been selected to represent Norfolk against Essex at Wivenhoe next Tuesday, April 29 at 7.45 pm. They are: Sarah Quantrill, Nicola Bray, Emily Coates, Sophie Fuller, Logan Shepherd, Jemma Smythe, Nicola Stolworthy and Jodie Allard.