Hethersett Ladies see title hopes fade
HETHERSETT Athletic Ladies' slim chances of winning the Eastern Region Premier Division evaporated as they went down 4-2 at home to Brentwood.
Scorers against Brentwood were Megan Todd and Lucy Middleton.
This Sunday Hethersett take on Norwich City Ladies at Dereham FC in the Norfolk County Cup final.
Hethersett Athletic Ladies Hearts beat Dereham Town 4-1 with Hannah Waters scoring a brace and other goals coming from Rosie Rutherford and Lisa Ferdani.
Hethersett Athletic Sunday Reserves went down 2-0 at home to Briston Wanderers.
You may also want to watch:
Hethersett Athletic Men's Saturday had a disappointing 3-1 home defeat at the hands of Shropham with their only goal coming from Gary Davis.
Hethersett Athletic U16s lost 4-0 at Thorpe in a game that was effectively over after 20 minutes by which time Thorpe were three goals up.
- 1 'It's what they need to thrive': Butchers for dogs opens in town
- 2 One in eight Breckland adults yet to receive Covid vaccine
- 3 New interior design and homeware shop opens in town
- 4 Heartbroken parents’ appeal over final 13 hours before son’s death
- 5 Draconid meteor shower to be visible over Norfolk next month
- 6 Showers and clear spells in Norfolk and Waveney this week
- 7 How are Norfolk donkeys helping to spark joy across the county?
- 8 Met Office to appeal over refusal of 80ft 'golf ball' weather radar tower
- 9 Take a trip down memory lane to Wymondham College in the 1960s
- 10 A11 closed after lorry crashes into central reservation
Hethersett Athletic U15s took on Diss and were two goals up in the first five minutes but conceded three quick goals and then equalised before half-time. Hethersett had plenty of chances after the break but Diss scored twice to make the final score 5-3. Hethersett scorers were Ollie Pfeiffer, Scott Grimes and Will Foster.
Hethersett Athletic Girls U15s made it six wins in a row with a 3-1 victory over Spixworth. Sophie Rock gave Hethersett a 2-0 lead within the first 15 minutes. Beth Evans made it 3-0. Spixworth pulled a goal back after the break.
Hethersett Athletic U14s visited Norwich United in a close match.
Norwich were awarded a penalty when the ball struck Lemmon's arm but the spot kick was blazed over United lost their keeper to a head injury but took the lead shortly after the break followed by a long range left foot volleyed equaliser from Ryan Stone. Hethersett's defence with an assured performance from keeper Matthew Butcher held firm to edge closer to a top two finish.
Hethersett Athletic U12s went down 2-1 at home to Heigham Park with their goal coming from Jack Freeman.