Hethersett hand out a thrashing
WITH nearest rivals Watton A not in action, Hethersett A strengthened their hold on top spot in the Lomax Wymondham and District Table Tennis League with a 10-0 thrashing of Watton B.
WITH nearest rivals Watton A not in action, Hethersett A strengthened their hold on top spot in the Lomax Wymondham and District League with a 10-0 thrashing of Watton B.
Hethersett B, strengthened by the signing of Matts Olsson, moved into third place with three straight wins. Matts and son James were in particularly fine form against fourth-place Wymondham Town both securing maximums in a 7-3 triumph.
In Division One, Bunwell A moved clear at the top with two 10-0 victories, while their closest rivals the youngsters of Morley C were held 5-5 against Phoenix.
Will Lawes was in particularly fine form securing a double inflicting a first defeat of the season on Danny Dalmay. Phoenix also drew 5-5 with Watton C to move up to third place.
You may also want to watch:
Watton C, were also pushed all the way by Saints C for whom Nathan Cooper was in majestic form, scoring an impressive maximum. Daniel Scales also secured his first win at this level.
At the top of Division Two, Ketts Park strengthened their position with wins over Bunwell B and Watton H for whom Rachel West excelled with a hard-fought maximum.
- 1 Former factory site to become a new church
- 2 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 3 Woodforde's takes over Old Buckenham pub closed for two years
- 4 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 5 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 6 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 7 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 8 See inside this restored period farmhouse for sale for £850,000
- 9 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 10 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters
Hardingham CC kept up the pressure at the top with a 10-0 thumping of Watton H.
The youngsters of Saints G pushed Bunwell D all the way, only a five-set victory for the experienced Hilary Reger over Barney Bewick secured the victory for Bunwell. Saints F were thankful for a maximum from Philip Yaxley in his first outing of the season as they narrowly defeated Morley D.