Hethersett hand out a thrashing
WITH nearest rivals Watton A not in action, Hethersett A strengthened their hold on top spot in the Lomax Wymondham and District Table Tennis League with a 10-0 thrashing of Watton B.
WITH nearest rivals Watton A not in action, Hethersett A strengthened their hold on top spot in the Lomax Wymondham and District League with a 10-0 thrashing of Watton B.
Hethersett B, strengthened by the signing of Matts Olsson, moved into third place with three straight wins. Matts and son James were in particularly fine form against fourth-place Wymondham Town both securing maximums in a 7-3 triumph.
In Division One, Bunwell A moved clear at the top with two 10-0 victories, while their closest rivals the youngsters of Morley C were held 5-5 against Phoenix.
Will Lawes was in particularly fine form securing a double inflicting a first defeat of the season on Danny Dalmay. Phoenix also drew 5-5 with Watton C to move up to third place.
You may also want to watch:
Watton C, were also pushed all the way by Saints C for whom Nathan Cooper was in majestic form, scoring an impressive maximum. Daniel Scales also secured his first win at this level.
At the top of Division Two, Ketts Park strengthened their position with wins over Bunwell B and Watton H for whom Rachel West excelled with a hard-fought maximum.
- 1 Nine in 10 want more Post Office services – but no new branch on the cards
- 2 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 3 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 4 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 5 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 6 7 cheap or free things to do in Norfolk this weekend
- 7 Norfolk and Suffolk elections 2021: Conservative gain in the south
- 8 Norfolk airfield to host testing of 'world-first' electric plane
- 9 Who can I vote for on Election Day 2021 in Wymondham?
- 10 The postcard collector who preserved Norfolk history
Hardingham CC kept up the pressure at the top with a 10-0 thumping of Watton H.
The youngsters of Saints G pushed Bunwell D all the way, only a five-set victory for the experienced Hilary Reger over Barney Bewick secured the victory for Bunwell. Saints F were thankful for a maximum from Philip Yaxley in his first outing of the season as they narrowly defeated Morley D.