Hethersett hand out a thrashing
WITH nearest rivals Watton A not in action, Hethersett A strengthened their hold on top spot in the Lomax Wymondham and District Table Tennis League with a 10-0 thrashing of Watton B.
WITH nearest rivals Watton A not in action, Hethersett A strengthened their hold on top spot in the Lomax Wymondham and District League with a 10-0 thrashing of Watton B.
Hethersett B, strengthened by the signing of Matts Olsson, moved into third place with three straight wins. Matts and son James were in particularly fine form against fourth-place Wymondham Town both securing maximums in a 7-3 triumph.
In Division One, Bunwell A moved clear at the top with two 10-0 victories, while their closest rivals the youngsters of Morley C were held 5-5 against Phoenix.
Will Lawes was in particularly fine form securing a double inflicting a first defeat of the season on Danny Dalmay. Phoenix also drew 5-5 with Watton C to move up to third place.
Watton C, were also pushed all the way by Saints C for whom Nathan Cooper was in majestic form, scoring an impressive maximum. Daniel Scales also secured his first win at this level.
At the top of Division Two, Ketts Park strengthened their position with wins over Bunwell B and Watton H for whom Rachel West excelled with a hard-fought maximum.
- 1 Country park to host jubilee picnic with street food, Pimm's and cream teas
- 2 Drivers face delays on A11 - and the bulk of the work has yet to begin
- 3 Heritage railway plans running days to celebrate Queen's Jubilee
- 4 Pro dancer transforms Norfolk barber's shop into a new pilates studio
- 5 Share of £120,000 cash pot on offer to Breckland groups
- 6 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 7 Two lorries and two cars involved in crash on A11
- 8 Fears over town gridlock as years of A11 improvement works begin
- 9 Former military man appointed as council's new chairman
- 10 Campaigners write to government over pylons plan
Hardingham CC kept up the pressure at the top with a 10-0 thumping of Watton H.
The youngsters of Saints G pushed Bunwell D all the way, only a five-set victory for the experienced Hilary Reger over Barney Bewick secured the victory for Bunwell. Saints F were thankful for a maximum from Philip Yaxley in his first outing of the season as they narrowly defeated Morley D.