Hawks third in fours event
HETHERSETT Hawks/Swinton & Co cycle speedway team took part in the TA Security South-East Cup Fours at Harford Park and finished third in both the Senior and Junior events.
An early exclusion for Dave Martin pegged the Hawks back in the Senior event but he and Phil Adams rode well to keep the side in touch with second-placed Ipswich while Great Blakenham stormed away to victory.
Great Blakenham 63, Ipswich 38, Hethersett 35, Norwich 19 (P Adams 11, D Martin 9, R Carter 8, Dave Chambers 7).
In the junior event Calvin Grimes was the pick of the bunch with some good passes but his stamina was affected by a heavy cold.
Ipswich 61, Norwich 46, Hethersett 37 (Calvin Grimes 10, C Larwood 9, Calvin Grimes 9, S Grimes 7, J Matthews 2).
You may also want to watch:
Two Hethersett riders competed in the final South-East Grand Prix at Great Blakenham. Oliver Buxton finished sixth in the U16 after finishing second in a race-off for the A Final. Mel Perkins narrowly avoided a falling rider in the Vets' final to finish second and the 20 points secured in that gave him fourth place overall in the series.
This weekend Hawks riders are involved in some international challenge matches at Harford Park on Saturday while the A and B teams are at East London on Sunday for their final League matches of the season.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk elections 2021: Conservative gain in the south
- 2 Local election results 2021: All the winners in Wymondham
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 Nine in 10 want more Post Office services – but no new branch on the cards
- 5 'It's a blow for the community' - Day centre closes after 43 years
- 6 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 7 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 8 Who can I vote for on Election Day 2021 in Wymondham?
- 9 7 cheap or free things to do in Norfolk this weekend
- 10 Town's mayor re-elected despite complaint over date of vote