Hawks third in fours event
HETHERSETT Hawks/Swinton & Co cycle speedway team took part in the TA Security South-East Cup Fours at Harford Park and finished third in both the Senior and Junior events.
An early exclusion for Dave Martin pegged the Hawks back in the Senior event but he and Phil Adams rode well to keep the side in touch with second-placed Ipswich while Great Blakenham stormed away to victory.
Great Blakenham 63, Ipswich 38, Hethersett 35, Norwich 19 (P Adams 11, D Martin 9, R Carter 8, Dave Chambers 7).
In the junior event Calvin Grimes was the pick of the bunch with some good passes but his stamina was affected by a heavy cold.
Ipswich 61, Norwich 46, Hethersett 37 (Calvin Grimes 10, C Larwood 9, Calvin Grimes 9, S Grimes 7, J Matthews 2).
You may also want to watch:
Two Hethersett riders competed in the final South-East Grand Prix at Great Blakenham. Oliver Buxton finished sixth in the U16 after finishing second in a race-off for the A Final. Mel Perkins narrowly avoided a falling rider in the Vets' final to finish second and the 20 points secured in that gave him fourth place overall in the series.
This weekend Hawks riders are involved in some international challenge matches at Harford Park on Saturday while the A and B teams are at East London on Sunday for their final League matches of the season.
- 1 'It's what they need to thrive': Butchers for dogs opens in town
- 2 One in eight Breckland adults yet to receive Covid vaccine
- 3 New interior design and homeware shop opens in town
- 4 Heartbroken parents’ appeal over final 13 hours before son’s death
- 5 Draconid meteor shower to be visible over Norfolk next month
- 6 Showers and clear spells in Norfolk and Waveney this week
- 7 How are Norfolk donkeys helping to spark joy across the county?
- 8 Met Office to appeal over refusal of 80ft 'golf ball' weather radar tower
- 9 Take a trip down memory lane to Wymondham College in the 1960s
- 10 A11 closed after lorry crashes into central reservation