Hawks set for a big year
HETHERSETT Hawks/Swinton & Co Cycle Speedway Club had a successful annual meeting with 20 members and parents in attendance.
Looking back on 2010 the club reported a good increase in new members and a full season where it supported no fewer than 137 different racing activities at home and abroad.
The club has an exciting year ahead, culminating in staging the biggest sporting event ever to be staged in Hethersett — two British Championship Finals on the August Bank Holiday Saturday.
With commitments to two senior leagues plus regional leagues at U16, U14 and U10 level the club will again be holding recruitment activities so lots of opportunities for any would-be cyclists. Five new members have joined the committee, including three younger riders, so the club now has a vibrant band to plan and support a busy and challenging 2011 season which opens on March 20.
Those elected were: Chairman, John Nelson; Vice-Chairman, David Chambers; Secretary/Treasurer, Mel Perkins; Assistant Secretary, Janet Perkins; Rider Representative, Oliver Buxton; Committee Members, Philip Adams, Caroline Collins, John Cossey, Andrew Grimes, Carly Grimes, David Martin, Kane Matthews.
You may also want to watch:
Team training starts on Tuesday, March 1, with full club night activities starting on March 29.
- 1 Former factory site to become a new church
- 2 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 3 Woodforde's takes over Old Buckenham pub closed for two years
- 4 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 5 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 6 National Living Wage workers to receive pay rise next year
- 7 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 8 Chainsaw and 10 horse saddles stolen in burglary
- 9 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters
- 10 Attleborough set to have no bank as Lloyds announces closure