Hawks set for a big year
HETHERSETT Hawks/Swinton & Co Cycle Speedway Club had a successful annual meeting with 20 members and parents in attendance.
Looking back on 2010 the club reported a good increase in new members and a full season where it supported no fewer than 137 different racing activities at home and abroad.
The club has an exciting year ahead, culminating in staging the biggest sporting event ever to be staged in Hethersett — two British Championship Finals on the August Bank Holiday Saturday.
With commitments to two senior leagues plus regional leagues at U16, U14 and U10 level the club will again be holding recruitment activities so lots of opportunities for any would-be cyclists. Five new members have joined the committee, including three younger riders, so the club now has a vibrant band to plan and support a busy and challenging 2011 season which opens on March 20.
Those elected were: Chairman, John Nelson; Vice-Chairman, David Chambers; Secretary/Treasurer, Mel Perkins; Assistant Secretary, Janet Perkins; Rider Representative, Oliver Buxton; Committee Members, Philip Adams, Caroline Collins, John Cossey, Andrew Grimes, Carly Grimes, David Martin, Kane Matthews.
You may also want to watch:
Team training starts on Tuesday, March 1, with full club night activities starting on March 29.
- 1 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 2 Teenager has all clear from testicular cancer after pioneering surgery
- 3 Certificates for Wymondham in Bloom floral displays announced
- 4 Stretch of A11 closed due to 'large amount' of tyre debris on road
- 5 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 6 Just 65 people vote in referendum on town council's future
- 7 Long tailbacks on A11 after crash
- 8 WATCH: Speedy Eva, 81, runs fastest mile on record for her age group
- 9 Norfolk couple's hopes of £1m 'doorstop' sculpture dashed
- 10 Horse found with maggot-infested wounds wins rosette at equestrian show