Hawks reflect on fine season
Hethersett Hawks Cycle Speedway Club held their annual meeting at the Methodist Church Hall.Members heard reports on a busy and successful 2009 season with highlights being club representation in Australia, runners-up in the British Under-19 Championship and winning the South-East League Division 2.
Hethersett Hawks Cycle Speedway Club held their annual meeting at the Methodist Church Hall.
Members heard reports on a busy and successful 2009 season with highlights being club representation in Australia, runners-up in the British Under-19 Championship and winning the South-East League Division 2.
The Officers and Committee were re-elected with the addition of Caroline Collins who will replace Julie Bedson who has retired after many years' good service.
Those elected were Chairman - John Nelson, Vice-Chairman/Secretary - Mel Perkins, Treasurer - Simon Wilcox; Assistant Secretary - Janet Perkins; Committee - David Chambers, Caroline Collins, John Cossey, Tim Grimes, David Martin. The Rider Representative will be David Adams and the Club also has a First Aider - Lesley Adams and Welfare Officer - Michaela Grimes.
You may also want to watch:
The 2010 season opens with a trip to Ipswich on March 21 and the members heard that it will be another busy year with more matches in South-East Division One and a full programme of local, regional, national and international events with a party already booked to Poland in July for the European Championships.
As well as getting the final tick in the box for its Go-Ride kite-mark status, the Club will be launching a vigorous recruitment campaign this summer.
- 1 'It's what they need to thrive': Butchers for dogs opens in town
- 2 One in eight Breckland adults yet to receive Covid vaccine
- 3 New interior design and homeware shop opens in town
- 4 Heartbroken parents’ appeal over final 13 hours before son’s death
- 5 Draconid meteor shower to be visible over Norfolk next month
- 6 Showers and clear spells in Norfolk and Waveney this week
- 7 How are Norfolk donkeys helping to spark joy across the county?
- 8 Met Office to appeal over refusal of 80ft 'golf ball' weather radar tower
- 9 Take a trip down memory lane to Wymondham College in the 1960s
- 10 A11 closed after lorry crashes into central reservation
It currently has not quite enough committed riders to enter teams in the South-East Youth Leagues so that will be the first target for 2011.
Anyone interested in joining the club or trying a new sport get in touch with Mel Perkins on 01603 811304 for more information.