Hawks reflect on fine season
Hethersett Hawks Cycle Speedway Club held their annual meeting at the Methodist Church Hall.Members heard reports on a busy and successful 2009 season with highlights being club representation in Australia, runners-up in the British Under-19 Championship and winning the South-East League Division 2.
Hethersett Hawks Cycle Speedway Club held their annual meeting at the Methodist Church Hall.
Members heard reports on a busy and successful 2009 season with highlights being club representation in Australia, runners-up in the British Under-19 Championship and winning the South-East League Division 2.
The Officers and Committee were re-elected with the addition of Caroline Collins who will replace Julie Bedson who has retired after many years' good service.
Those elected were Chairman - John Nelson, Vice-Chairman/Secretary - Mel Perkins, Treasurer - Simon Wilcox; Assistant Secretary - Janet Perkins; Committee - David Chambers, Caroline Collins, John Cossey, Tim Grimes, David Martin. The Rider Representative will be David Adams and the Club also has a First Aider - Lesley Adams and Welfare Officer - Michaela Grimes.
You may also want to watch:
The 2010 season opens with a trip to Ipswich on March 21 and the members heard that it will be another busy year with more matches in South-East Division One and a full programme of local, regional, national and international events with a party already booked to Poland in July for the European Championships.
As well as getting the final tick in the box for its Go-Ride kite-mark status, the Club will be launching a vigorous recruitment campaign this summer.
- 1 Is your surname on this list? You could inherit a fortune
- 2 Donations mean 13 vulnerable children will get laptops at home
- 3 Your photos as blanket of snow covers Wymondham and Attleborough
- 4 Fury as 'woolly' Covid rules leave police 'stuck in middle'
- 5 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 6 Calls for new hardship fund amid Covid impact and tax rise
- 7 Inquests into deaths at Banham Poultry adjourned for seventh time
- 8 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 9 Stunning images reveal 'tree roots' of Norfolk
- 10 Grab your binoculars to see the Moon, Mars and Uranus together
It currently has not quite enough committed riders to enter teams in the South-East Youth Leagues so that will be the first target for 2011.
Anyone interested in joining the club or trying a new sport get in touch with Mel Perkins on 01603 811304 for more information.