Hawks' magnificent seven
HETHERSETT Hawks/Swinton had a squad of seven cycle speedway riders for the first regional round of the Wosskow Brown British Youth and Junior League in the warm sunshine at Eaton Park, Norwich.
HETHERSETT Hawks/Swinton had a squad of seven cycle speedway riders for the first regional round of the Wosskow Brown British Youth and Junior League in the warm sunshine at Eaton Park, Norwich. Competing in the older age groups, the squad put up a first-class performance to take third place in the match and provide six A finalists in the grand prix event.
Highlight was the U18 competition where the four Hawks blitzed the opposition to all make the final and a cracking race they put on. Dan Chambers hit the front after the first corner and went away for victory but behind there were several passes with Ben Collins coming through to second place followed by Phil Adams and Leon Wild.
If these four maintain this form they will be one of the favourites for the British U19 club championships at Ipswich on Saturday.
Scott Grimes had his first outing of the season and, despite a couple of falls, finished third in the U16s while in the girls' event Tiffany Collins was back to her top form finishing third with Carly Grimes winning the B final.
You may also want to watch:
Ipswich 248, Kesgrave 209, Hethersett 84, Norwich 76, Gt Blakenham 58, Colchester 51. (D Chambers 15 L Wild 13 T Collins 13 B Collins 12 S Grimes 11 P Adams 10 C Grimes 10).
As well as the important British match on Saturday, the Hawks travel back to Suffolk on Sunday for a league match at Kesgrave.
- 1 Decision due over controversial plans for 200 new homes
- 2 9 of the best places to see fireworks in Norfolk in 2021
- 3 Town council chaos emerges with groups not paying rent for decades
- 4 Norfolk Covid-19 case rates increase slightly, with 55 in hospital
- 5 'Unbelievably shocked': Norfolk garage team named best in country
- 6 Attleborough gas work road closures postponed until after Christmas
- 7 Two cars involved in crash on A11 slip road
- 8 'He would light up a room' - Tributes to community stalwart, Ian Harrison
- 9 Road closed after tractor trailor overturns near Wymondham
- 10 Norfolk sports retailer opens new fitness showroom