Hawks in good tussle on track
HETHERSETT Hawks/Swinton cycle speedway team had a good tussle with their local neighbours, Norwich, in the South East League at Eaton Park. Trying more positive tactics in the early heats failed to reap benefits and they trailed by 11 points at half-time.
HETHERSETT Hawks/Swinton cycle speedway team had a good tussle with their local neighbours, Norwich, in the South East League at Eaton Park.
Trying more positive tactics in the early heats failed to reap benefits and they trailed by 11 points at half-time. A good rally in the second half, led by Phil Adams and Harley Hamill, saw the Hawks shade the half. Roger Carter also did well on his return to the first team.
Norwich 93, Hethersett 86. P Adams 17, H Hamill 16, D Adams 14, Dan Chambers 12, R Carter 9, S Grimes 7, T Grimes 4, Dave Chambers 3, O Buxton 2, Calvin Grimes 2.
Nine Hethersett riders took part in the South-East Grand Prix at Hethersett, which attracted over 50 riders from Suffolk and Essex. Best home performances came from Scott Grimes and Phil Adams, who both came second in their categories.
You may also want to watch:
This weekend Dan Chambers is representing Young England in a match at Poole against the Rest of the World, and on Sunday he is joined by Ben Collins in the Poole Ade Gale Memorial Trophy.
The Hawks will therefore be down on strength for their league match at Great Blakenham. On Wednesday, June 2, Hethersett stage the Breckland Autos Charity Cup (7.30pm).
- 1 'Little fighter' Rian battling complex mix of heart conditions
- 2 Can you rehome this Terrier who has spent nine years at animal sanctuary?
- 3 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 4 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 5 New Toolstation branch coming to Wymondham?
- 6 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 7 5 tips from Norwich expert to keep your car in peak condition in lockdown
- 8 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 9 Fresh snow falls as weather warning continues for Norfolk and Suffolk
- 10 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock