Hawks celebrate best season
HETHERSETT Hawks/Swinton and Co club held its presentation party at Hethersett Social Club and had plenty to celebrate.Over 60 members, guests and families shared in successes at national, regional, district and local level after what was the most successful season in the club's 42-year history.
HETHERSETT Hawks/Swinton and Co club held its presentation party at Hethersett Social Club and had plenty to celebrate.
Over 60 members, guests and families shared in successes at national, regional, district and local level after what was the most successful season in the club's 42-year history.
Top achievement was the retaining of the British U16 Club Championship.
Club awards were presented on the night by chairman John Nelson to Dave Martin (Top Scorer and Sportsman of the Year), Dave Chambers (Best Newcomer), Harley Hamill (Most Improved Junior), Tim Grimes (Clubman of the Year), Dan Chambers (B Team Rider of the Year), and Jazz Abbott (A Team Rider of the Year). Bouquets were presented to Caroline Collins and Lesley Adams for their work with refreshments and first aid respectively.
You may also want to watch:
Highlight was the presentation of the impressive South-East Division Two trophy to B Team captain Ben Collins.
Those present were also able to wish “bon voyage” to the members and families who are part of the UK touring party to Australia in February where the Hawks will be competing in the World Club Championships for the first time.
- 1 Local election results 2021: All the winners in Wymondham
- 2 'It's a blow for the community' - Day centre closes after 43 years
- 3 Norfolk and Suffolk elections 2021: Conservative gain in the south
- 4 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 5 Family to open cafe named for 'cheeky' twins who fought rare disease
- 6 Nine in 10 want more Post Office services – but no new branch on the cards
- 7 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 8 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 9 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 10 The postcard collector who preserved Norfolk history