Hawks celebrate best season
HETHERSETT Hawks/Swinton and Co club held its presentation party at Hethersett Social Club and had plenty to celebrate.Over 60 members, guests and families shared in successes at national, regional, district and local level after what was the most successful season in the club's 42-year history.
HETHERSETT Hawks/Swinton and Co club held its presentation party at Hethersett Social Club and had plenty to celebrate.
Over 60 members, guests and families shared in successes at national, regional, district and local level after what was the most successful season in the club's 42-year history.
Top achievement was the retaining of the British U16 Club Championship.
Club awards were presented on the night by chairman John Nelson to Dave Martin (Top Scorer and Sportsman of the Year), Dave Chambers (Best Newcomer), Harley Hamill (Most Improved Junior), Tim Grimes (Clubman of the Year), Dan Chambers (B Team Rider of the Year), and Jazz Abbott (A Team Rider of the Year). Bouquets were presented to Caroline Collins and Lesley Adams for their work with refreshments and first aid respectively.
You may also want to watch:
Highlight was the presentation of the impressive South-East Division Two trophy to B Team captain Ben Collins.
Those present were also able to wish “bon voyage” to the members and families who are part of the UK touring party to Australia in February where the Hawks will be competing in the World Club Championships for the first time.
- 1 Former factory site to become a new church
- 2 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 3 Woodforde's takes over Old Buckenham pub closed for two years
- 4 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car
- 5 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 8 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 9 See inside this restored period farmhouse for sale for £850,000
- 10 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters