Gym set to open
The Attleborough Community Boxing Gym will be officially opened on Friday. The club, which is a branch of Dereham and District ABC, has been five months in the making and has seen a near-derelict building transformed into a fantastic training facility.
The Attleborough Community Boxing Gym will be officially opened on Friday.
The club, which is a branch of Dereham and District ABC, has been five months in the making and has seen a
near-derelict building transformed into a fantastic training facility.
Project co-ordinator and coach Jon Dennis has been amazed by the reaction of the local community to the idea. “It's community spirit at its best,” said Dennis, who will help run the club that is situated on the Leys Lane industrial site and next to Loggers Gym.
You may also want to watch:
“We received £5000 from the Breckland and King's Lynn and West Norfolk Crime and Disorder Reduction Partnership and with that money we purchased the equipment we needed to get started.
“Then we received £4000 from Attleborough Town Council. We also received donations ranging from £20 to £1000 from local business people and the general public. And it was not just money as lots of people offered their services and materials free of charge.”
- 1 Former factory site to become a new church
- 2 Woodforde's takes over Old Buckenham pub closed for two years
- 3 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 4 Man appears in court over Class A drug charge
- 5 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car
- 6 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 7 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 8 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 9 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 10 See inside this restored period farmhouse for sale for £850,000
The gym will be holding an open day on Saturday from 10am to 2pm when members will be able to enroll and ask any questions and meet the coaches.
The gym will be open from Monday, March 10 and yearly membership will cost £5.
In addition it's £1 per per session for junuors under the age of 16 and £2 per session for seniors over 16.