Great win for Wymondham
Wymondham 50, Wanstead 6WYMONDHAM inflicted Wanstead's heaviest defeat since September 2005 as they found the form that they have promised for so much of the season.
Wymondham 50, Wanstead 6
WYMONDHAM inflicted Wanstead's heaviest defeat since September 2005 as they found the form that they have promised for so much of the season.
Dave Masdin's final home game, a packed luncheon and a partisan crowd seemed to inspire the hosts, who played like a team possessed, scoring eight tries without the opposition crossing their line.
Wymondham were dominant from the start but had to wait until the 27th minute for their first try from Ian Harris.
You may also want to watch:
Then the floodgates opened, with Jonathan Coltman skipping his way through to score Wymondham's second and Barry O'Sullivan evading several tackles to put his side in control at half-time.
After the break Josh Cousens soon grabbed a try in the corner and from the restart Ian Burchett smartly offloaded to Harris, who scored.
- 1 New Toolstation branch coming to Wymondham?
- 2 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 3 £4.8m funding to tackle scourge of drugs in Norwich
- 4 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 5 Date for museum's reopening 'pencilled in' after missing whole 2020 season
- 6 Egg and Spud Man's delivery service booms in lockdown
- 7 Tree falls on rail line as winds up to 69mph hit Norfolk
- 8 Covid cases fall in every area of Norfolk for first time since June
- 9 Specialist exercises for 'less mobile' during lockdown
- 10 Council agrees u-turn on churchyard grass cutting
Two minutes later Harris breached Wanstead's defence again for his hat-trick.
Chris Brown then got in on the act, capping an outstanding first season at Tuttles Lane, before Harris streaked away again, grabbing his fourth try, with Stephen Simms's fifth conversion bringing up the half-century.
Squad: Simms. Burchett, Harris, O'Sullivan, Cousens, Reed, Payne (Wapshott), Lusted, Forton (Alothman), Sykes (Clifford), Morfoot, Vincent, Coltman, Brown, Rout (capt).
Yellow Card: Chris Brown.