Great win for Wymondham
Wymondham 50, Wanstead 6WYMONDHAM inflicted Wanstead's heaviest defeat since September 2005 as they found the form that they have promised for so much of the season.
Wymondham 50, Wanstead 6
WYMONDHAM inflicted Wanstead's heaviest defeat since September 2005 as they found the form that they have promised for so much of the season.
Dave Masdin's final home game, a packed luncheon and a partisan crowd seemed to inspire the hosts, who played like a team possessed, scoring eight tries without the opposition crossing their line.
Wymondham were dominant from the start but had to wait until the 27th minute for their first try from Ian Harris.
You may also want to watch:
Then the floodgates opened, with Jonathan Coltman skipping his way through to score Wymondham's second and Barry O'Sullivan evading several tackles to put his side in control at half-time.
After the break Josh Cousens soon grabbed a try in the corner and from the restart Ian Burchett smartly offloaded to Harris, who scored.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 3 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 4 Nine in 10 want more Post Office services – but no new branch on the cards
- 5 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road
- 6 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 7 Who can I vote for on Election Day 2021 in Wymondham?
- 8 The postcard collector who preserved Norfolk history
- 9 Car dealership next to doctor's surgery given go-ahead
- 10 Headteacher's plea after near miss involving child in pushchair
Two minutes later Harris breached Wanstead's defence again for his hat-trick.
Chris Brown then got in on the act, capping an outstanding first season at Tuttles Lane, before Harris streaked away again, grabbing his fourth try, with Stephen Simms's fifth conversion bringing up the half-century.
Squad: Simms. Burchett, Harris, O'Sullivan, Cousens, Reed, Payne (Wapshott), Lusted, Forton (Alothman), Sykes (Clifford), Morfoot, Vincent, Coltman, Brown, Rout (capt).
Yellow Card: Chris Brown.