Great win for Wymondham
Wymondham 50, Wanstead 6WYMONDHAM inflicted Wanstead's heaviest defeat since September 2005 as they found the form that they have promised for so much of the season.
Wymondham 50, Wanstead 6
WYMONDHAM inflicted Wanstead's heaviest defeat since September 2005 as they found the form that they have promised for so much of the season.
Dave Masdin's final home game, a packed luncheon and a partisan crowd seemed to inspire the hosts, who played like a team possessed, scoring eight tries without the opposition crossing their line.
Wymondham were dominant from the start but had to wait until the 27th minute for their first try from Ian Harris.
You may also want to watch:
Then the floodgates opened, with Jonathan Coltman skipping his way through to score Wymondham's second and Barry O'Sullivan evading several tackles to put his side in control at half-time.
After the break Josh Cousens soon grabbed a try in the corner and from the restart Ian Burchett smartly offloaded to Harris, who scored.
- 1 Decision due over controversial plans for 200 new homes
- 2 9 of the best places to see fireworks in Norfolk in 2021
- 3 Town council chaos emerges with groups not paying rent for decades
- 4 Norfolk Covid-19 case rates increase slightly, with 55 in hospital
- 5 'Unbelievably shocked': Norfolk garage team named best in country
- 6 Attleborough gas work road closures postponed until after Christmas
- 7 Two cars involved in crash on A11 slip road
- 8 'He would light up a room' - Tributes to community stalwart, Ian Harrison
- 9 Road closed after tractor trailor overturns near Wymondham
- 10 Opinion: Shock tactics needed for retirement saving
Two minutes later Harris breached Wanstead's defence again for his hat-trick.
Chris Brown then got in on the act, capping an outstanding first season at Tuttles Lane, before Harris streaked away again, grabbing his fourth try, with Stephen Simms's fifth conversion bringing up the half-century.
Squad: Simms. Burchett, Harris, O'Sullivan, Cousens, Reed, Payne (Wapshott), Lusted, Forton (Alothman), Sykes (Clifford), Morfoot, Vincent, Coltman, Brown, Rout (capt).
Yellow Card: Chris Brown.