Great win for Wymondham
Wymondham 50, Wanstead 6WYMONDHAM inflicted Wanstead's heaviest defeat since September 2005 as they found the form that they have promised for so much of the season.
Wymondham 50, Wanstead 6
WYMONDHAM inflicted Wanstead's heaviest defeat since September 2005 as they found the form that they have promised for so much of the season.
Dave Masdin's final home game, a packed luncheon and a partisan crowd seemed to inspire the hosts, who played like a team possessed, scoring eight tries without the opposition crossing their line.
Wymondham were dominant from the start but had to wait until the 27th minute for their first try from Ian Harris.
Then the floodgates opened, with Jonathan Coltman skipping his way through to score Wymondham's second and Barry O'Sullivan evading several tackles to put his side in control at half-time.
After the break Josh Cousens soon grabbed a try in the corner and from the restart Ian Burchett smartly offloaded to Harris, who scored.
- 1 Café reopens with dog-friendly menu in Wymondham
- 2 Property spotlight: Inside six-bed Grade II listed home for sale for £695k
- 3 Hughes Electrical to close its Wymondham branch
- 4 Chef nominated for best wedding caterer of the year in the UK
- 5 Meet the new team behind revamped village pub
- 6 Man taken to hospital after car crashed into ditch
- 7 New Co-op branch opening its doors in Wymondham
- 8 Man who survived motorcycle crash died from Covid, inquest told
- 9 These are the dog breeds given up most at a Norfolk rehoming centre
- 10 A11 reopened after two-vehicle crash
Two minutes later Harris breached Wanstead's defence again for his hat-trick.
Chris Brown then got in on the act, capping an outstanding first season at Tuttles Lane, before Harris streaked away again, grabbing his fourth try, with Stephen Simms's fifth conversion bringing up the half-century.
Squad: Simms. Burchett, Harris, O'Sullivan, Cousens, Reed, Payne (Wapshott), Lusted, Forton (Alothman), Sykes (Clifford), Morfoot, Vincent, Coltman, Brown, Rout (capt).
Yellow Card: Chris Brown.