Great win for Wymondham
Wymondham 50, Wanstead 6WYMONDHAM inflicted Wanstead's heaviest defeat since September 2005 as they found the form that they have promised for so much of the season.
Wymondham 50, Wanstead 6
WYMONDHAM inflicted Wanstead's heaviest defeat since September 2005 as they found the form that they have promised for so much of the season.
Dave Masdin's final home game, a packed luncheon and a partisan crowd seemed to inspire the hosts, who played like a team possessed, scoring eight tries without the opposition crossing their line.
Wymondham were dominant from the start but had to wait until the 27th minute for their first try from Ian Harris.
You may also want to watch:
Then the floodgates opened, with Jonathan Coltman skipping his way through to score Wymondham's second and Barry O'Sullivan evading several tackles to put his side in control at half-time.
After the break Josh Cousens soon grabbed a try in the corner and from the restart Ian Burchett smartly offloaded to Harris, who scored.
- 1 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 2 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 3 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region
- 4 Norwich sonic boom: RAF confirms jet 'inadvertently' caused bang over city
- 5 More than 1,000 laptops donated to children in need in campaign
- 6 Concern people are letting their guards down after getting Covid-19 jabs
- 7 Motoring giant pledges more than 600 brand new laptops to appeal
- 8 Norfolk MP denies breaking ministerial code by working for PPE firm
- 9 Missing 84-year-old man found safe and well
- 10 Landowners under pressure to stop repeat of floods
Two minutes later Harris breached Wanstead's defence again for his hat-trick.
Chris Brown then got in on the act, capping an outstanding first season at Tuttles Lane, before Harris streaked away again, grabbing his fourth try, with Stephen Simms's fifth conversion bringing up the half-century.
Squad: Simms. Burchett, Harris, O'Sullivan, Cousens, Reed, Payne (Wapshott), Lusted, Forton (Alothman), Sykes (Clifford), Morfoot, Vincent, Coltman, Brown, Rout (capt).
Yellow Card: Chris Brown.