Great win for Ellingham
GREAT Ellingham beat Wicklewood by five wickets.Wicklewood won the toss and elected to bat. The Ellingham bowlers all performed admirably in the searing heat.
GREAT Ellingham beat Wicklewood by five wickets.
Wicklewood won the toss and elected to bat. The Ellingham bowlers all performed admirably in the searing heat. Dodd (3-31), Empson (1-22), Standley (1-34) and B Glover (0-5) all bowled well.
Smith (5-26) bowled an excellent spell, ripping the heart out of the middle order and Dodd ended the innings with some typically hostile bowling. Wicklewood were dismissed for 152 with the penultimate ball of the innings.
In reply, Ellingham lost three wickets in their first 10 overs.
You may also want to watch:
Allum (52) who had some early fortune played a watchful knock as he and S Drew put on 49 for the fourth wicket. C Baines (2-28) also performed well with the ball removing Allum and Glover.
Kruger (20 no) joined S Drew (43 no) adding an unbroken 46-run stand to guide Ellingham home with 28 balls to spare.
- 1 Former factory site to become a new church
- 2 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 3 Woodforde's takes over Old Buckenham pub closed for two years
- 4 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 5 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 8 See inside this restored period farmhouse for sale for £850,000
- 9 Chainsaw and 10 horse saddles stolen in burglary
- 10 Attleborough set to have no bank as Lloyds announces closure
Great Ellingham seconds showed much improvement at home, restricting visitors Hingham to 164. Glover took 3-36 and Daniel Thompson, on his debut, 2-13.
In reply, Great Ellingham got off to a poor start but Glover hit 46 and Adam Potter 18. The return of Guy to the attack (5-19) however saw off any chance of victory with Ellingham bowled out for 114.