Great win for Ellingham
GREAT Ellingham beat Wicklewood by five wickets.Wicklewood won the toss and elected to bat. The Ellingham bowlers all performed admirably in the searing heat.
GREAT Ellingham beat Wicklewood by five wickets.
Wicklewood won the toss and elected to bat. The Ellingham bowlers all performed admirably in the searing heat. Dodd (3-31), Empson (1-22), Standley (1-34) and B Glover (0-5) all bowled well.
Smith (5-26) bowled an excellent spell, ripping the heart out of the middle order and Dodd ended the innings with some typically hostile bowling. Wicklewood were dismissed for 152 with the penultimate ball of the innings.
In reply, Ellingham lost three wickets in their first 10 overs.
Allum (52) who had some early fortune played a watchful knock as he and S Drew put on 49 for the fourth wicket. C Baines (2-28) also performed well with the ball removing Allum and Glover.
Kruger (20 no) joined S Drew (43 no) adding an unbroken 46-run stand to guide Ellingham home with 28 balls to spare.
- 1 Daughter's 100-mile charity pledge for father who died of cancer
- 2 A11 closure to continue as roadworks finally begin
- 3 Country park to host jubilee picnic with street food, Pimm's and cream teas
- 4 Pro dancer transforms Norfolk barber's shop into a new pilates studio
- 5 Heritage railway plans running days to celebrate Queen's Jubilee
- 6 Drivers face delays on A11 - and the bulk of the work has yet to begin
- 7 Two lorries and two cars involved in crash on A11
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 Campaigners write to government over pylons plan
- 10 Recessions, a fire and a pandemic: Landlords look back on 20 years at pub
Great Ellingham seconds showed much improvement at home, restricting visitors Hingham to 164. Glover took 3-36 and Daniel Thompson, on his debut, 2-13.
In reply, Great Ellingham got off to a poor start but Glover hit 46 and Adam Potter 18. The return of Guy to the attack (5-19) however saw off any chance of victory with Ellingham bowled out for 114.