Great win for Ellingham
GREAT Ellingham beat Wicklewood by five wickets.Wicklewood won the toss and elected to bat. The Ellingham bowlers all performed admirably in the searing heat.
GREAT Ellingham beat Wicklewood by five wickets.
Wicklewood won the toss and elected to bat. The Ellingham bowlers all performed admirably in the searing heat. Dodd (3-31), Empson (1-22), Standley (1-34) and B Glover (0-5) all bowled well.
Smith (5-26) bowled an excellent spell, ripping the heart out of the middle order and Dodd ended the innings with some typically hostile bowling. Wicklewood were dismissed for 152 with the penultimate ball of the innings.
In reply, Ellingham lost three wickets in their first 10 overs.
You may also want to watch:
Allum (52) who had some early fortune played a watchful knock as he and S Drew put on 49 for the fourth wicket. C Baines (2-28) also performed well with the ball removing Allum and Glover.
Kruger (20 no) joined S Drew (43 no) adding an unbroken 46-run stand to guide Ellingham home with 28 balls to spare.
- 1 Nine in 10 want more Post Office services – but no new branch on the cards
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk elections 2021: Conservative gain in the south
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 5 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 6 7 cheap or free things to do in Norfolk this weekend
- 7 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 8 Who can I vote for on Election Day 2021 in Wymondham?
- 9 Norfolk airfield to host testing of 'world-first' electric plane
- 10 Town's mayor re-elected despite complaint over date of vote
Great Ellingham seconds showed much improvement at home, restricting visitors Hingham to 164. Glover took 3-36 and Daniel Thompson, on his debut, 2-13.
In reply, Great Ellingham got off to a poor start but Glover hit 46 and Adam Potter 18. The return of Guy to the attack (5-19) however saw off any chance of victory with Ellingham bowled out for 114.