Great win for Ellingham
GREAT Ellingham travelled to Mulbarton in the Mid Norfolk Cricket League Challenge Cup and won by seven wickets. Stand-in skipper Allum won the toss and elected to field.
GREAT Ellingham travelled to Mulbarton in the Mid Norfolk Cricket League Challenge Cup and won by seven wickets.
Stand-in skipper Allum won the toss and elected to field. In helpful conditions Ellingham began well. Both Glover (1-18) and Ledeboer (1-16) made early inroads and made scoring difficult.
Standley (2-13) also bowled an excellent spell constantly asking questions of the Mulbarton batsmen. However, around the
25-over mark the Mulbarton batsmen upped the scoring rate and posted an excellent total of 175 for 6 after some lusty blows.
You may also want to watch:
In reply, Ellingham had a shaky start as Ewin was removed cheaply. Lynds (0-24) Thelwell (1-24) and Mckenzie (0-29) bowled well to make scoring runs quickly a problem. However, two sizeable partnerships between Cooper (46) and Whiddett of 76 and between Allum (39) and Whiddett (75 no) of 96 saw Ellingham home with 10 balls to spare and seven wickets in hand.
Ellingham face a tough clash against Swardeston in the next round if they wish to progress further in this year's competition.
- 1 Decision due over controversial plans for 200 new homes
- 2 Town council chaos emerges with groups not paying rent for decades
- 3 9 of the best places to see fireworks in Norfolk in 2021
- 4 Norfolk Covid-19 case rates increase slightly, with 55 in hospital
- 5 'Unbelievably shocked': Norfolk garage team named best in country
- 6 Two cars involved in crash on A11 slip road
- 7 'He would light up a room' - Tributes to community stalwart, Ian Harrison
- 8 Road closed after tractor trailor overturns near Wymondham
- 9 Attleborough gas work road closures postponed until after Christmas
- 10 Amazing drone footage shows Flying Scotsman travelling through Norfolk
This weekend sees a return to league action as Ellingham travel to Mundford looking for their first league win.