Great win for Ellingham
GREAT Ellingham travelled to Mulbarton in the Mid Norfolk Cricket League Challenge Cup and won by seven wickets. Stand-in skipper Allum won the toss and elected to field.
GREAT Ellingham travelled to Mulbarton in the Mid Norfolk Cricket League Challenge Cup and won by seven wickets.
Stand-in skipper Allum won the toss and elected to field. In helpful conditions Ellingham began well. Both Glover (1-18) and Ledeboer (1-16) made early inroads and made scoring difficult.
Standley (2-13) also bowled an excellent spell constantly asking questions of the Mulbarton batsmen. However, around the
25-over mark the Mulbarton batsmen upped the scoring rate and posted an excellent total of 175 for 6 after some lusty blows.
You may also want to watch:
In reply, Ellingham had a shaky start as Ewin was removed cheaply. Lynds (0-24) Thelwell (1-24) and Mckenzie (0-29) bowled well to make scoring runs quickly a problem. However, two sizeable partnerships between Cooper (46) and Whiddett of 76 and between Allum (39) and Whiddett (75 no) of 96 saw Ellingham home with 10 balls to spare and seven wickets in hand.
Ellingham face a tough clash against Swardeston in the next round if they wish to progress further in this year's competition.
- 1 'A whirlwind' - how 19-year-old became baking sensation in lockdown
- 2 The postcard collector who preserved Norfolk history
- 3 Person injured and road closed after crash
- 4 Who can I vote for on Election Day 2021 in Wymondham?
- 5 Town's mayor re-elected despite complaint over date of vote
- 6 How you can create a hedgehog haven
- 7 In full: Council's apology to 'vindicated' members after bullying claims
- 8 Meet nine-year-old Airlie – the little baker with a big dream
- 9 Flying Scotsman visit to Mid Norfolk Railway confirmed
- 10 'Get out and vote on election day': plea to people across Norfolk
This weekend sees a return to league action as Ellingham travel to Mundford looking for their first league win.