Great win for Ellingham
GREAT Ellingham travelled to Mulbarton in the Mid Norfolk Cricket League Challenge Cup and won by seven wickets. Stand-in skipper Allum won the toss and elected to field.
GREAT Ellingham travelled to Mulbarton in the Mid Norfolk Cricket League Challenge Cup and won by seven wickets.
Stand-in skipper Allum won the toss and elected to field. In helpful conditions Ellingham began well. Both Glover (1-18) and Ledeboer (1-16) made early inroads and made scoring difficult.
Standley (2-13) also bowled an excellent spell constantly asking questions of the Mulbarton batsmen. However, around the
25-over mark the Mulbarton batsmen upped the scoring rate and posted an excellent total of 175 for 6 after some lusty blows.
You may also want to watch:
In reply, Ellingham had a shaky start as Ewin was removed cheaply. Lynds (0-24) Thelwell (1-24) and Mckenzie (0-29) bowled well to make scoring runs quickly a problem. However, two sizeable partnerships between Cooper (46) and Whiddett of 76 and between Allum (39) and Whiddett (75 no) of 96 saw Ellingham home with 10 balls to spare and seven wickets in hand.
Ellingham face a tough clash against Swardeston in the next round if they wish to progress further in this year's competition.
- 1 Missing 84-year-old man found safe and well
- 2 Bagpiper lifts spirits for care home residents on Burns Night
- 3 Lotus creates 250 new jobs - but will ditch some models
- 4 'Little fighter' Rian battling complex mix of heart conditions
- 5 Covid led to huge fall in Norfolk parking fines and £1.3m budget hole
- 6 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 7 Can you rehome this Terrier who has spent nine years at animal sanctuary?
- 8 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 9 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 10 New Toolstation branch coming to Wymondham?
This weekend sees a return to league action as Ellingham travel to Mundford looking for their first league win.