Great win for Ellingham
GREAT Ellingham travelled to Mulbarton in the Mid Norfolk Cricket League Challenge Cup and won by seven wickets. Stand-in skipper Allum won the toss and elected to field.
GREAT Ellingham travelled to Mulbarton in the Mid Norfolk Cricket League Challenge Cup and won by seven wickets.
Stand-in skipper Allum won the toss and elected to field. In helpful conditions Ellingham began well. Both Glover (1-18) and Ledeboer (1-16) made early inroads and made scoring difficult.
Standley (2-13) also bowled an excellent spell constantly asking questions of the Mulbarton batsmen. However, around the
25-over mark the Mulbarton batsmen upped the scoring rate and posted an excellent total of 175 for 6 after some lusty blows.
You may also want to watch:
In reply, Ellingham had a shaky start as Ewin was removed cheaply. Lynds (0-24) Thelwell (1-24) and Mckenzie (0-29) bowled well to make scoring runs quickly a problem. However, two sizeable partnerships between Cooper (46) and Whiddett of 76 and between Allum (39) and Whiddett (75 no) of 96 saw Ellingham home with 10 balls to spare and seven wickets in hand.
Ellingham face a tough clash against Swardeston in the next round if they wish to progress further in this year's competition.
- 1 Lifeguard, 18, saves teenager from drowning in first days on job
- 2 Ex-pupils and staff reunite at former village school
- 3 Full steam ahead for track renewal work on railway
- 4 Arts centre announces reopening after Covid-forced hibernation
- 5 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 6 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 7 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 8 Should I invest in Shareholder Protection?
- 9 Can we get assistance to pay for long-term care?
- 10 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
This weekend sees a return to league action as Ellingham travel to Mundford looking for their first league win.