Great win for Ellingham
GREAT Ellingham travelled to Mulbarton in the Mid Norfolk Cricket League Challenge Cup and won by seven wickets. Stand-in skipper Allum won the toss and elected to field.
GREAT Ellingham travelled to Mulbarton in the Mid Norfolk Cricket League Challenge Cup and won by seven wickets.
Stand-in skipper Allum won the toss and elected to field. In helpful conditions Ellingham began well. Both Glover (1-18) and Ledeboer (1-16) made early inroads and made scoring difficult.
Standley (2-13) also bowled an excellent spell constantly asking questions of the Mulbarton batsmen. However, around the
25-over mark the Mulbarton batsmen upped the scoring rate and posted an excellent total of 175 for 6 after some lusty blows.
In reply, Ellingham had a shaky start as Ewin was removed cheaply. Lynds (0-24) Thelwell (1-24) and Mckenzie (0-29) bowled well to make scoring runs quickly a problem. However, two sizeable partnerships between Cooper (46) and Whiddett of 76 and between Allum (39) and Whiddett (75 no) of 96 saw Ellingham home with 10 balls to spare and seven wickets in hand.
Ellingham face a tough clash against Swardeston in the next round if they wish to progress further in this year's competition.
- 1 The school where boys can wear skirts - but not shorts
- 2 Cyclist in her 50s dies in A11 crash
- 3 'A great day' - Wymondham holds first food and drink festival
- 4 A11 reopens after air ambulance called to crash
- 5 Wymondham teen wins silver medal at Archery World Cup
- 6 Property: How could the new laws for renters affect you?
- 7 Road closed in mid Norfolk after electrical cables catch fire
- 8 Football club treasurer stole funds to pay for slimming pills
- 9 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 10 Part of A11 to close for overnight repairs following crash
This weekend sees a return to league action as Ellingham travel to Mundford looking for their first league win.