Great win for Ellingham
GREAT Ellingham travelled to Mulbarton in the Mid Norfolk Cricket League Challenge Cup and won by seven wickets. Stand-in skipper Allum won the toss and elected to field.
GREAT Ellingham travelled to Mulbarton in the Mid Norfolk Cricket League Challenge Cup and won by seven wickets.
Stand-in skipper Allum won the toss and elected to field. In helpful conditions Ellingham began well. Both Glover (1-18) and Ledeboer (1-16) made early inroads and made scoring difficult.
Standley (2-13) also bowled an excellent spell constantly asking questions of the Mulbarton batsmen. However, around the
25-over mark the Mulbarton batsmen upped the scoring rate and posted an excellent total of 175 for 6 after some lusty blows.
In reply, Ellingham had a shaky start as Ewin was removed cheaply. Lynds (0-24) Thelwell (1-24) and Mckenzie (0-29) bowled well to make scoring runs quickly a problem. However, two sizeable partnerships between Cooper (46) and Whiddett of 76 and between Allum (39) and Whiddett (75 no) of 96 saw Ellingham home with 10 balls to spare and seven wickets in hand.
Ellingham face a tough clash against Swardeston in the next round if they wish to progress further in this year's competition.
- 1 Café reopens with dog-friendly menu in Wymondham
- 2 Property spotlight: Inside six-bed Grade II listed home for sale for £695k
- 3 Hughes Electrical to close its Wymondham branch
- 4 Chef nominated for best wedding caterer of the year in the UK
- 5 Meet the new team behind revamped village pub
- 6 Man taken to hospital after car crashed into ditch
- 7 Man who survived motorcycle crash died from Covid, inquest told
- 8 New Co-op branch opening its doors in Wymondham
- 9 Delays and road partially blocked after crash near Wymondham
- 10 A11 reopened after two-vehicle crash
This weekend sees a return to league action as Ellingham travel to Mundford looking for their first league win.