Great start for Flotman
Newton Flotman 3, Swaffham Town Reserves 2Newton Flotman got off to a decent start to the season beating Swaffham Town Reserves in their first game thanks to an 80th minute winner from Bridges.
Newton Flotman 3, Swaffham Town Reserves 2
Newton Flotman got off to a decent start to the season beating Swaffham Town Reserves in their first game thanks to an 80th minute winner from Bridges. They had gone two goals ahead in the first half thanks to Mark Appleton but a disastrous five- minute spell at the start of the second half allowed Swaffham back into the game. Fortunately, Bridges shrugged off his suspected broken foot to run the fifty or so yards from left-back to the six-yard box to grab the deserved winning goal.
Newton Flotman 5, Beccles Town Reserves 1
You may also want to watch:
The second game was a more one-sided affair against a young Beccles Town Reserves. Flotman took the lead thanks to Mark Appleton out-muscling three defenders and smashing home past the young keeper. Beccles equalised soon after when a failed clearance from a corner landed at the feet of the grateful player who calmly side-footed into the bottom corner. The lead was regained when Eagle's cross found Mark Appleton who controlled with his left and finished with his right into the bottom corner. The second half saw Sutcliffe score his first of the season, heading in a well delivered corner. Doggett got his first too, placing the ball past the keeper after good work from Bircham and Mark Appleton then the latter secured his hattrick towards the end after good work from Doggett.
- 1 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 2 Millions could be spent on better cycle routes around Norwich
- 3 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 4 Indian variant Covid cases in Norfolk 'cause to be cautious'
- 5 Norfolk nurse's 'lightbulb moment' leads to star-studded dog show panel
- 6 "Buzz" at Norfolk gyms as classes return indoors
- 7 How can we manage the cost of my mother's care?
- 8 Ofsted praise for ‘inadequate’ Norfolk special school
- 9 'Let air in' - New campaign launched as lockdown measures eased
- 10 Concerns over divide in vaccine rates - what's the situation where you live?