Good wins for Hawks
Hethersett Hawks/Swinton & Co had a very wet visit to Suffolk on Sunday but came back with two good victories. The U16 team kept up their three-year unbeaten record at Ipswich in the morning.
Hethersett Hawks/Swinton & Co had a very wet visit to Suffolk on Sunday but came back with two good victories.
The U16 team kept up their three-year unbeaten record at Ipswich in the morning.
Ben Collins was in brilliant form for a maximum with Dan Chambers and Phil Adams only losing once apiece. But the best performance came from Carly Grimes who won two races in key 7-3 wins. It was also good to see Tiffany Collins continue her comeback from injury, unlucky not to score more points.
Scores: Ipswich 73, Hethersett 87 (D Chambers 20, B Collins 19, P Adams 19, H Hamill 12, C Grimes 12, T Collins 5).
You may also want to watch:
Then it was on to Kesgrave to face big puddles and sawdust on the track for a South-East Division One match.
A puncture then a rare error by Ben Collins found the Hawks six points down after five heats.
- 1 Nine in 10 want more Post Office services – but no new branch on the cards
- 2 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 3 Norfolk and Suffolk elections 2021: Conservative gain in the south
- 4 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: Norwich City Council LIVE Results
- 5 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 6 7 cheap or free things to do in Norfolk this weekend
- 7 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 8 Who can I vote for on Election Day 2021 in Wymondham?
- 9 Norfolk airfield to host testing of 'world-first' electric plane
- 10 Norfolk and Suffolk election 2021: No change in Breckland
From then on they settled down with good teamwork, superior fitness and a faultless maximum from Dave Martin.
David and Phil Adams scored a 7-3 win in heat 16 and Martin and Collins did the same in the next heat. Other key points were the return of Jazz Abbott, despite a painful foot injury, and Tim Grimes' three good rides from the reserve position.
Scores: Kesgrave 84, Hethersett 96 (D Martin 20, D Chambers 14, D Adams 13, B Collins 13, P Adams 11, H Hamill 9, J Abbott 9, T Grimes 7).
The previous day at Kesgrave, two Hethersett riders took part in an U13 invitation event. Jaie Abbott included a win in his 10 points but Scott Grimes was forced to pull out injured.
Hawks had to admit second best to a more experienced Norwich side but battled well in the Norfolk U16 Intermediate League match at Hethersett.
Scores: Norwich A 62, Hethersett A 49 (H Hamill 14, T Collins 12, D Woods 12, C Grimes 11).
Norwich B 22, Hethersett B 8 (R Gamble 8).