Good win for Connaught
CONNAUGHT Bowls Club, Attleborough, had a good week with three wins out of four short mat league matches.In the Breckland League Connaught A just won at Harling Recreation by 65-63 and 6-4.
CONNAUGHT Bowls Club, Attleborough, had a good week with three wins out of four short mat league matches.
In the Breckland League Connaught A just won at Harling Recreation by 65-63 and 6-4. D Liles 21-12, S Parsons 8-18, S Bragg 25-9, W Adcock 11-24.
A big win by Sheila Bragg's triple helped towards the two points for overall shots.
Despite having won 13 out of 15 matches in the league Connaught A have dropped too many points in a series of narrow victories.
You may also want to watch:
Also in the Breckland League Connaught B had one of their better nights when winning at home against the useful Watton side by 71-55 and 10-0. R Ramm 18-16, J Hazell 19-17, A Marshall 17-12, A Rush 17-10.
Every match was close and hard-fought with the Connaught players in determined mood.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 3 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 4 Nine in 10 want more Post Office services – but no new branch on the cards
- 5 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road
- 6 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 7 Who can I vote for on Election Day 2021 in Wymondham?
- 8 7 cheap or free things to do in Norfolk this weekend
- 9 Norfolk airfield to host testing of 'world-first' electric plane
- 10 Car dealership next to doctor's surgery given go-ahead
In the South Norfolk League Connaught lost 57-59 and 2-8 at Horsford. Peter King 13-14, S Bragg 24-9, A Marshall 10-21, D Liles 10-15. Sheila Bragg, with Christine and Ty Musk, again had a big win but her team-mates generally could not match Horsford's aggressive game.
Also in the South Norfolk League Connaught made some amends by beating Saxlingham at home by 70-51 and 10-0. Peter King 13-11, O Allen 21-9, D Liles 16-14, S Bragg 20-17.
All the Connaught triples played well against a good side. Ollie Allen, very well-supported by Philomena King and Alan Marshall, had a fine match.
With the two teams fighting for second place in the league this was a timely win for Connaught.