Good win for Connaught
CONNAUGHT Bowls Club, Attleborough, had a good week with three wins out of four short mat league matches.In the Breckland League Connaught A just won at Harling Recreation by 65-63 and 6-4.
CONNAUGHT Bowls Club, Attleborough, had a good week with three wins out of four short mat league matches.
In the Breckland League Connaught A just won at Harling Recreation by 65-63 and 6-4. D Liles 21-12, S Parsons 8-18, S Bragg 25-9, W Adcock 11-24.
A big win by Sheila Bragg's triple helped towards the two points for overall shots.
Despite having won 13 out of 15 matches in the league Connaught A have dropped too many points in a series of narrow victories.
You may also want to watch:
Also in the Breckland League Connaught B had one of their better nights when winning at home against the useful Watton side by 71-55 and 10-0. R Ramm 18-16, J Hazell 19-17, A Marshall 17-12, A Rush 17-10.
Every match was close and hard-fought with the Connaught players in determined mood.
- 1 Lifeguard, 18, saves teenager from drowning in first days on job
- 2 Ex-pupils and staff reunite at former village school
- 3 Full steam ahead for track renewal work on railway
- 4 Arts centre announces reopening after Covid-forced hibernation
- 5 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 6 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 7 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 8 Should I invest in Shareholder Protection?
- 9 Can we get assistance to pay for long-term care?
- 10 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
In the South Norfolk League Connaught lost 57-59 and 2-8 at Horsford. Peter King 13-14, S Bragg 24-9, A Marshall 10-21, D Liles 10-15. Sheila Bragg, with Christine and Ty Musk, again had a big win but her team-mates generally could not match Horsford's aggressive game.
Also in the South Norfolk League Connaught made some amends by beating Saxlingham at home by 70-51 and 10-0. Peter King 13-11, O Allen 21-9, D Liles 16-14, S Bragg 20-17.
All the Connaught triples played well against a good side. Ollie Allen, very well-supported by Philomena King and Alan Marshall, had a fine match.
With the two teams fighting for second place in the league this was a timely win for Connaught.