Good start to season for Hethersett
HETHERSETT & Tas Valley CC had a successful start to its league campaigns with two wins and a draw.On Sunday, the club has a prestigious Carter Cup first round tie at home to North Runcton (Flordon, 11am).
HETHERSETT & Tas Valley CC had a successful start to its league campaigns with two wins and a draw.
On Sunday, the club has a prestigious Carter Cup first round tie at home to North Runcton (Flordon, 11am). They will be hoping to emulate last season's success when they made it through to the second round before narrowly losing to Sheringham.
The first team opened its Norfolk Alliance Division Three campaign with what looked to be a tricky match at Horsford II.
They made short work of the opposition, however, winning by four wickets with almost five overs to spare.
You may also want to watch:
Horsford won the toss and elected to bat and were restricted to 183 for nine from their 45 overs, with Mark Gricks taking four for 23 and Julian Emeny three for 32.
In reply, opener Tim Shelley continued his early season run of form with 88. He was well supported by Gricks (17) and Matt Ellis (40) as Hethersett reached 185 for six in 41.1 overs.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 3 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road
- 4 Who can I vote for on Election Day 2021 in Wymondham?
- 5 The postcard collector who preserved Norfolk history
- 6 How you can create a hedgehog haven
- 7 Town's mayor re-elected despite complaint over date of vote
- 8 'A whirlwind' - how 19-year-old became baking sensation in lockdown
- 9 Nine in 10 want more Post Office services – but no new branch on the cards
- 10 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
HETHERSETT AND TAS VALLEY II came up against Vauxhall Mallards in Division Five. Batting first, they amassed what looked to be a match-winning score of 305 for six at more than a run a ball. Stephen Hayes hit 83, Tom Brandon Street 53, David Austin 53 not out, Tim Couche 29 not out, Rob Mitchell 24 and Tristan Hunt 22, as every batsman got into double figures.
Mallards clung on to draw, finishing on 190 for seven, with Ben Stone hitting 119. Phil Walmsley took three for 33 and Dave Austin three for 23.
HETHERSETT AND TAS VALLEY III beat Lowestoft IV by 128 runs in Norfolk League Division Seven. Hethersett won the toss and elected to bat, piling up 255 for four in their 45 overs, with John Brandon Street hitting an unbeaten 101 and being well supported by Ross Jones (60), Craig Henderson (20), Chris Hurst (26) and Dale Clarke (26 not out).
Lowestoft were bowled out for 127, with Mark Worley taking four for 24. This Saturday they are at home to Old Catton.