Good start for Sett sides
Hethersett Athletic's adult teams made a good start to the season at the weekend.The club's first-ever competitive Saturday League action brought a victory as Hethersett overcame Northwold Sports and Social Club 3-1 in the fourth division of the Crown Fire Central and South Norfolk League.
Hethersett Athletic's adult teams made a good start to the season at the weekend.
The club's first-ever competitive Saturday League action brought a victory as Hethersett overcame Northwold Sports and Social Club 3-1 in the fourth division of the Crown Fire Central and South Norfolk League.
Hethersett goals at the Memorial Playing Field came from Phil Brindley, Kai Bartlett and Paul Norman.
The men's Sunday team opened their Norwich Sunday League Premier Division campaign with a 3-3 home draw against a strong Grove team. Lee Barrett was on target twice and the other goal came from L Thurlow.
You may also want to watch:
The Sunday Reserve team beat Aylsham Reserves 3-1 with goals from Adam Waters, Paul Martin and S Raven. A very young Men's A team, who have just stepped up from youth soccer, went down 3-2 at home to AFC Oak with their goals coming from Ross Luther-Veitch and Matt Molloy.
Hethersett Athletic Ladies, who narrowly missed out on promotion last season, got their Eastern Region Premier Division campaign off to a winning start at Easton College with a narrow 1-0 victory over Bedford with Emily Coates scoring the only goal of the game.
- 1 Former factory site to become a new church
- 2 Woodforde's takes over Old Buckenham pub closed for two years
- 3 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 4 Man appears in court over Class A drug charge
- 5 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car
- 6 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 7 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 8 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 9 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 10 See inside this restored period farmhouse for sale for £850,000
This Saturday the men's team visit Dickleburgh in a cup game. On Sunday the Men's Reserves are away to Wymondham Reserves and the A team visit Dereham Wanderers in the first round of the County Cup. The club's youth sections get underway this week with the U16s playing Firside on the Memorial Field at 10.30am, the under-15s visiting Lakeford, the under-14s visiting Hellesdon, the U13s play Poringland at Old Hall School (10.30am), the under-12s visit Costessey and the under-11s are home to Costessey (Old Hall School 2pm).