Golden day for Ashley
FOUR Wymondham Judo Club players travelled to Epping on Sunday to compete in the Tsu Mo Kie Open Judo Championships.The event was one of the largest of the year so far, and players had to progress through several rounds before standing the chance of winning medals.
FOUR Wymondham Judo Club players travelled to Epping on Sunday to compete in the Tsu Mo Kie Open Judo Championships.
The event was one of the largest of the year so far, and players had to progress through several rounds before standing the chance of winning medals.
Despite this, all four returned with medals - with 14-year-old Ashley Harrop taking a superb gold in the large and very high standard boys over-60kg category.
In the under 10's categories Oliver Purllant and William Booth both fought in the boys under-21kg category. Both won through to the semi-finals, with Oliver losing at that stage to take bronze and William winning, only to take the silver in the final.
You may also want to watch:
Fighting up an age-group, Jack Purllant reached the semi-finals of the under 12's under-30kg group, where he was defeated into bronze medal place.
- 1 Town's mayor re-elected despite complaint over date of vote
- 2 The postcard collector who preserved Norfolk history
- 3 'A whirlwind' - how 19-year-old became baking sensation in lockdown
- 4 Person injured and road closed after crash
- 5 Who can I vote for on Election Day 2021 in Wymondham?
- 6 In full: Council's apology to 'vindicated' members after bullying claims
- 7 How you can create a hedgehog haven
- 8 Meet nine-year-old Airlie – the little baker with a big dream
- 9 Flying Scotsman visit to Mid Norfolk Railway confirmed
- 10 Headteacher's plea after near miss involving child in pushchair
Gold: Ashley Harrop.
Silver: William Booth.
Bronze: Oliver Purllant, Jack Purllant.