Golden day for Ashley
FOUR Wymondham Judo Club players travelled to Epping on Sunday to compete in the Tsu Mo Kie Open Judo Championships.The event was one of the largest of the year so far, and players had to progress through several rounds before standing the chance of winning medals.
FOUR Wymondham Judo Club players travelled to Epping on Sunday to compete in the Tsu Mo Kie Open Judo Championships.
The event was one of the largest of the year so far, and players had to progress through several rounds before standing the chance of winning medals.
Despite this, all four returned with medals - with 14-year-old Ashley Harrop taking a superb gold in the large and very high standard boys over-60kg category.
In the under 10's categories Oliver Purllant and William Booth both fought in the boys under-21kg category. Both won through to the semi-finals, with Oliver losing at that stage to take bronze and William winning, only to take the silver in the final.
You may also want to watch:
Fighting up an age-group, Jack Purllant reached the semi-finals of the under 12's under-30kg group, where he was defeated into bronze medal place.
- 1 Primary pupils thrilled by book donation
- 2 Cattle farmers and butchers create super-local food chain
- 3 WATCH: Speedy Eva, 81, runs fastest mile on record for her age group
- 4 Cyclists set for 112-mile night ride in aid of 'always happy' Olivia, 7
- 5 Bakeaholics teen owner buys herself a whopping new kitchen
- 6 Police chief warns of 'inevitable' rise in certain crimes after pandemic
- 7 Record numbers in Norfolk ‘pinged’ to isolate by NHS Covid app
- 8 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Norfolk
- 9 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk
- 10 'It's killing me': Abuse victim moved into flat with asbestos and mould
Gold: Ashley Harrop.
Silver: William Booth.
Bronze: Oliver Purllant, Jack Purllant.