Golden day for Ashley
FOUR Wymondham Judo Club players travelled to Epping on Sunday to compete in the Tsu Mo Kie Open Judo Championships.The event was one of the largest of the year so far, and players had to progress through several rounds before standing the chance of winning medals.
FOUR Wymondham Judo Club players travelled to Epping on Sunday to compete in the Tsu Mo Kie Open Judo Championships.
The event was one of the largest of the year so far, and players had to progress through several rounds before standing the chance of winning medals.
Despite this, all four returned with medals - with 14-year-old Ashley Harrop taking a superb gold in the large and very high standard boys over-60kg category.
In the under 10's categories Oliver Purllant and William Booth both fought in the boys under-21kg category. Both won through to the semi-finals, with Oliver losing at that stage to take bronze and William winning, only to take the silver in the final.
You may also want to watch:
Fighting up an age-group, Jack Purllant reached the semi-finals of the under 12's under-30kg group, where he was defeated into bronze medal place.
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 Former factory site to become a new church
- 3 Chainsaw and 10 horse saddles stolen in burglary
- 4 National Living Wage workers to receive pay rise next year
- 5 'It's a big loss' - Town's business owners react after Lloyds announces closure
- 6 See inside this restored period farmhouse for sale for £850,000
- 7 Attleborough set to have no bank as Lloyds announces closure
- 8 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
- 9 Parents share their stories as fertility clinic celebrates 1,000 births
- 10 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters
Gold: Ashley Harrop.
Silver: William Booth.
Bronze: Oliver Purllant, Jack Purllant.