Golden day for Ashley
FOUR Wymondham Judo Club players travelled to Epping on Sunday to compete in the Tsu Mo Kie Open Judo Championships.The event was one of the largest of the year so far, and players had to progress through several rounds before standing the chance of winning medals.
FOUR Wymondham Judo Club players travelled to Epping on Sunday to compete in the Tsu Mo Kie Open Judo Championships.
The event was one of the largest of the year so far, and players had to progress through several rounds before standing the chance of winning medals.
Despite this, all four returned with medals - with 14-year-old Ashley Harrop taking a superb gold in the large and very high standard boys over-60kg category.
In the under 10's categories Oliver Purllant and William Booth both fought in the boys under-21kg category. Both won through to the semi-finals, with Oliver losing at that stage to take bronze and William winning, only to take the silver in the final.
Fighting up an age-group, Jack Purllant reached the semi-finals of the under 12's under-30kg group, where he was defeated into bronze medal place.
- 1 Man assaults delivery driver and runs off with sack of parcels
- 2 See inside this idyllic family home up for sale with NO nearby neighbours
- 3 Motorcyclist suffers serious leg injury and person cut from car after crash
- 4 Daughter's 100-mile charity pledge for father who died of cancer
- 5 Lotus reopens Norfolk test-track driving experiences and factory tour
- 6 Norfolk cricketer plays 1000th game - months after rare virus
- 7 Norfolk garden centre wins 27th gold medal at Chelsea Flower Show
- 8 Serious road crash hotspots in Norfolk revealed as fatalities fall
- 9 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 10 9 major jubilee events taking place across Norfolk
Gold: Ashley Harrop.
Silver: William Booth.
Bronze: Oliver Purllant, Jack Purllant.