Goals galore for Wymondham
WYMONDHAM entertained Caister in their penultimate game of the season and put in a good display to run out comfortable 6-2 winners. Williamson made a return to left-back, with Morphew coming in at centre-back; Rackham partnered Priest upfront, with the injured Pipe missing out.
WYMONDHAM entertained Caister in their penultimate game of the season and put in a good display to run out comfortable 6-2 winners.
Williamson made a return to left-back, with Morphew coming in at centre-back; Rackham partnered Priest upfront, with the injured Pipe missing out.
The game started off in an even manner with both teams trying to play football. The first goal was scored by the visitors when the Town defence failed to clear a loose ball, which fell kindly for the Caister skipper, who smashed into the top corner from about 20 yards.
This acted as a wake-up call for Town and they began to get on top, with chances being created, and Priest, Rackham and Speller all going close.
The equaliser came from a free-kick from Luke Rackham. From about 20 yards out on the Town right, he smashed the ball into the roof the net past a startled keeper.
The second half was a different affair, with Town largely dominating. The goal of the half came from Town full-back James Wells. He strode forward with the ball and from fully 30 yards out smashed the ball into the corner of the net.
- 1 Man assaults delivery driver and runs off with sack of parcels
- 2 Lotus reopens Norfolk test-track driving experiences and factory tour
- 3 Serious road crash hotspots in Norfolk revealed as fatalities fall
- 4 Motorcyclist suffers serious leg injury and person cut from car after crash
- 5 Norfolk garden centre wins 27th gold medal at Chelsea Flower Show
- 6 'A posy fit for a Queen' - Winners crowned in school Jubilee competition
- 7 Education bursary worth £1,000 launched to mark Queen's Jubilee
- 8 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 9 9 major jubilee events taking place across Norfolk
- 10 Person released from car and road closed after two-vehicle crash
This capped off an excellent performance from Wells.
Further goals were added from Plumstead, Alex Williamson, Speller and Hill. The goals scored by Alex Williamson and Speller were their first for the first team and just rewards for some excellent performances of late.
Special mention must go to Hill, who scored from the penalty spot to notch up his first goal in four seasons! Between these Town goals, Caister did reply with a penalty, after a harsh award against Wells.
The only downside was an injury to Ramsbottom, who went for an x-ray on his ankle, having put in another hard-working display at centre midfield.
MoM: A number of contenders, but for his goal and another solid performance at the back it went to James Wells.
Final score: Wymondham Town 6, Caister 2.