Goal blitz for Boro in trophy
Buxton 1, Attleborough Town 13
ATTLEBOROUGH travelled to Buxton to play in the first round of the Cyril Ballyn Trophy on Saturday.
The game started in good spirits with both teams having chances and after 15 minutes Mihail Prosputin put Boro in the lead only to see it taken away by a breakaway goal from a young Buxton striker.
The game then stayed level until the 30th minute when a flurry of goals from Ollie Ramsbotham, Roy Bevis and Chris Holmes put Boro 4–1 up at half-time.
You may also want to watch:
This vein of form then continued into the second half with some exciting football being played by Boro, creating countless chances.
After 55 minutes Boro were 7-1 up so Zak Bevis was introduced, and promptly joined in the scoring.
- 1 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 2 Millions could be spent on better cycle routes around Norwich
- 3 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 4 Indian variant Covid cases in Norfolk 'cause to be cautious'
- 5 Norfolk nurse's 'lightbulb moment' leads to star-studded dog show panel
- 6 "Buzz" at Norfolk gyms as classes return indoors
- 7 How can we manage the cost of my mother's care?
- 8 'Let air in' - New campaign launched as lockdown measures eased
- 9 Ofsted praise for ‘inadequate’ Norfolk special school
- 10 Concerns over divide in vaccine rates - what's the situation where you live?
With 80 minutes gone Boro were 11-1 up which ensured a rare run-out for the manager John Vincent, who then also joined in the scoring.
Daniel Lloyd the Boro keeper had to make a couple of fine saves when called upon and did not fail to deliver.
The game finished 13-1 to Boro, who demonstrated their competitive football until the final whistle.
There were hat-tricks for Ollie Ramsbotham, Roy Bevis and Chris Holmes. There was also a brace for Zak Bevis and one goal apiece for Mihail Prosputin and John Vincent.
Boro's next game is in the third round of the Norfolk Junior Cup away at Hellesdon, kick-off time of 1.45pm.