Future of Hetherset & Tas Valley CC is in good hands
- Credit: Archant
Hethersett and Tas Valley Cricket Club celebrated its youth section with a dads v lads match and presentation event at the club's Flordon headquarters.
Youth head coach Sara Worley praised all the youngsters who have trained or played for the club this season:
'This year we started to take in children as young as five and as a result 97 youngsters have come along to the club and that is the most we have ever had,' she said.
The club fielded teams in nine competitions across five age groups.
'We achieved three second places which is a fantastic achievement given the strength of some of the clubs we compete against,' she said, adding that the club's work with juniors is only possible through the help and support of qualified coaches, older juniors and parents.
You may also want to watch:
This season's Under-9s and Under-17s have been managed by under-17 players Ben Woodruff and Jonny Cooper.
The junior Player of the Year award was presented by Sara to Jack Gibson:
- 1 Decision due over controversial plans for 200 new homes
- 2 Town council chaos emerges with groups not paying rent for decades
- 3 9 of the best places to see fireworks in Norfolk in 2021
- 4 Norfolk Covid-19 case rates increase slightly, with 55 in hospital
- 5 'Unbelievably shocked': Norfolk garage team named best in country
- 6 'He would light up a room' - Tributes to community stalwart, Ian Harrison
- 7 Two cars involved in crash on A11 slip road
- 8 Attleborough gas work road closures postponed until after Christmas
- 9 Road closed after tractor trailor overturns near Wymondham
- 10 Amazing drone footage shows Flying Scotsman travelling through Norfolk
'Jack was a unanimous and obvious decision. He has had a fantastic season and has shone not only in junior cricket but also in our senior teams. Aged only 14, he was a regular player in the second team and finished playing for the first team. He is a very stylish batsman who shows real promise and sits in third place in the overall club batting table with 776 runs, behind only first team captain Damian Fahy and first team opener Ian Bryce.' Sara said.
Other awards presented were as follows:
Under-9s awards presented by Ben Woodruff and Jonny Cooper — Batting, Will English; Bowling, Ollie Last; Manager's Award, Alfie Bird.
Under-11s awards presented by Sara Worley — Batting, Harrison Winship; Bowling, Aidan Chamberlain and James Ellis; Manager's Award, Jacob Coglin-Hibbert.
Under-13s awards presented by Steven Hayes — Batting, Ben Way; Bowling, Ben Way; Fielding, Alex Bird; Manager's Award, Charlie English.
Under-15s awards presented by Sara Worley — Batting, Jack Gibson; Bowling, Tom Howard; Fielding, Jack Gibson; Manager's Award, Cameron Amis.
Under-17 Awards presented by Ben Woodruff and Jonny Cooper — Batting, Jonny Cooper; Bowling, Ryan Scammell; Manager's Award, Jack Gibson.