Fran hits a hat-trick for Bucks
OLD Buckenham II started the second half of the season with a well-deserved 4-1 win over hosts Pelicans III.Buckenham looked strong from the start, with good positive passing between the midfield and forwards.
OLD Buckenham II started the second half of the season with a well-deserved 4-1 win over hosts Pelicans III.
Buckenham looked strong from the start, with good positive passing between the midfield and forwards.
Grace Darrah, Lily Pomfret, Fran Halstead, Millie Clarke and Lizz Shaw working well together resulted in Buckenham's first goal. Buckenham continued to put on the pressure but were caught out when Pelicans broke through to make it one each just before half-time.
The second half started much the same as the first with Buckenham playing very well, the youngsters now regular members of the team swapping in and out of the game fully involved in the match.
You may also want to watch:
Louise Watson made some excellent runs down the left side, finishing with crosses into the D. Ellie Shaw came close to scoring, but it was Fran Halstead who had the finishing touch, getting a hat-trick.
Pelicans did give a good game but were unable to stop Buckenham.
- 1 New Toolstation branch coming to Wymondham?
- 2 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 3 £4.8m funding to tackle scourge of drugs in Norwich
- 4 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 5 Date for museum's reopening 'pencilled in' after missing whole 2020 season
- 6 Egg and Spud Man's delivery service booms in lockdown
- 7 Tree falls on rail line as winds up to 69mph hit Norfolk
- 8 Covid cases fall in every area of Norfolk for first time since June
- 9 Specialist exercises for 'less mobile' during lockdown
- 10 Council agrees u-turn on churchyard grass cutting
The voting was very close for player of the match but it went to Fran Halstead.