Fran hits a hat-trick for Bucks
OLD Buckenham II started the second half of the season with a well-deserved 4-1 win over hosts Pelicans III.Buckenham looked strong from the start, with good positive passing between the midfield and forwards.
OLD Buckenham II started the second half of the season with a well-deserved 4-1 win over hosts Pelicans III.
Buckenham looked strong from the start, with good positive passing between the midfield and forwards.
Grace Darrah, Lily Pomfret, Fran Halstead, Millie Clarke and Lizz Shaw working well together resulted in Buckenham's first goal. Buckenham continued to put on the pressure but were caught out when Pelicans broke through to make it one each just before half-time.
The second half started much the same as the first with Buckenham playing very well, the youngsters now regular members of the team swapping in and out of the game fully involved in the match.
You may also want to watch:
Louise Watson made some excellent runs down the left side, finishing with crosses into the D. Ellie Shaw came close to scoring, but it was Fran Halstead who had the finishing touch, getting a hat-trick.
Pelicans did give a good game but were unable to stop Buckenham.
- 1 Just 65 people vote in referendum on town council's future
- 2 Certificates for Wymondham in Bloom floral displays announced
- 3 Teenager has all clear from testicular cancer after pioneering surgery
- 4 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 5 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 6 Wymondham raises flag ahead of Norwich Pride 2021
- 7 Stretch of A11 closed due to 'large amount' of tyre debris on road
- 8 Horse found with maggot-infested wounds wins rosette at equestrian show
- 9 Headteacher 'delighted' as new space created for primary school
- 10 Woman crashed into two cars after drinking at friend's home, court hears
The voting was very close for player of the match but it went to Fran Halstead.