Fran hits a hat-trick for Bucks
OLD Buckenham II started the second half of the season with a well-deserved 4-1 win over hosts Pelicans III.Buckenham looked strong from the start, with good positive passing between the midfield and forwards.
OLD Buckenham II started the second half of the season with a well-deserved 4-1 win over hosts Pelicans III.
Buckenham looked strong from the start, with good positive passing between the midfield and forwards.
Grace Darrah, Lily Pomfret, Fran Halstead, Millie Clarke and Lizz Shaw working well together resulted in Buckenham's first goal. Buckenham continued to put on the pressure but were caught out when Pelicans broke through to make it one each just before half-time.
The second half started much the same as the first with Buckenham playing very well, the youngsters now regular members of the team swapping in and out of the game fully involved in the match.
Louise Watson made some excellent runs down the left side, finishing with crosses into the D. Ellie Shaw came close to scoring, but it was Fran Halstead who had the finishing touch, getting a hat-trick.
Pelicans did give a good game but were unable to stop Buckenham.
- 1 Two lorries and two cars involved in crash on A11
- 2 Recessions, a fire and a pandemic: Landlords look back on 20 years at pub
- 3 Drivers face delays on A11 - and the bulk of the work has yet to begin
- 4 'It's a nightmare' - Roadworks leave town 'gridlocked'
- 5 Fears over town gridlock as years of A11 improvement works begin
- 6 Church with planning permission for home conversion up for auction
- 7 'Blood rain' could fall this week as thunderstorms move in
- 8 Beer from Lidl and vegan chocolates among items recalled over safety fears
- 9 Tractor stopped on A11 found to have faulty brakes
- 10 A11 bus service diverted as ongoing roadworks cause severe delays
The voting was very close for player of the match but it went to Fran Halstead.