Football: Attleborough go nap against Downham
Attleborough Tn 5 Downham Tn 0
Boro welcomed Downham Town Reserves to the Rec for the last game of the season on Friday evening looking to finish the season on a high.
The game started well for Boro, with long periods of possession demonstrating some of the passing football seen earlier in the season.
Kieran Brown was terrorising the right back with some skilful runs down the wing. Sam Lawrence was using his energy to ensure Boro retained the ball in midfield. The backline remained strong and composed, playing some elegant passes into midfield when the ball was won.
This patience and composure was rewarded halfway through the first half when captain Greg Mann after some skilful play appeared in front of goal and duly finished.
You may also want to watch:
This then set the tone for a number of chances and dominant passing play. After this pressure K Brown then found himself with the goal at his mercy and finished in style.
Just before the break Boro won a corner which was dispatched to the far post where Kane Wetteland was waiting to head home from close range.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk elections 2021: Conservative gain in the south
- 2 Local election results 2021: All the winners in Wymondham
- 3 'It's a blow for the community' - Day centre closes after 43 years
- 4 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 5 Nine in 10 want more Post Office services – but no new branch on the cards
- 6 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 7 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 8 Family to open cafe named for 'cheeky' twins who fought rare disease
- 9 Who can I vote for on Election Day 2021 in Wymondham?
- 10 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
Boro came out in the second half and continued where they had left off. A number of chances went begging and it took the cool head of Matthew Brown to start the scoring again finishing from close range after another bout of dominant play from Boro.
The introduction of the substitutes added another level of energy to the performance with another fine display from Sam Snowling in midfield and Nathan Lawson and Daniel Dean as attacking outlets.
Boro demonstrated their patience, waiting for the right moment to pounce. This came when man of the match M Brown found himself in the 18-yard box again and the ball at his feet, finishing calmly past the Downham keeper.
The squad highlighted the potential in the club for next season and left the crowd happy that good things are to come. The club presentation evening is being held on June 16 at Attleborough Football Club.