Fine finale for Connaught
CONNAUGHT Bowls Club, Attleborough, completed its short mat season with three club championship finals. In the Pairs Ollie Allen and Hazel Banks beat Bob Oatway and Christine Musk.
CONNAUGHT Bowls Club, Attleborough, completed its short mat season with three club championship finals.
In the Pairs Ollie Allen and Hazel Banks beat Bob Oatway and Christine Musk. In the triples Ray Wells and Mike and Sylvia Parsons beat Bob and Elaine Oatway and Peter Hambling.
In the fours Bob and Elaine Oatway and Ty and Christine Musk beat Ollie Allen, Lee Fallows, Hazel Banks and Vera Barber.
The outdoor season started in glorious weather on April 24 with a club drive in which 70 players took part. The green was fast and swinging for the time of year.
You may also want to watch:
This week various team practices and roll-ups are taking place before a busy competitive season gets under way.
Connaught again field two teams in the men's EBA county league, one ladies' team in the Breckland League and four teams in the Ashill and District Mixed Triples League. On top of that there are teams and individuals entered in many county and national competitions.
- 1 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 2 Teenager has all clear from testicular cancer after pioneering surgery
- 3 Certificates for Wymondham in Bloom floral displays announced
- 4 Stretch of A11 closed due to 'large amount' of tyre debris on road
- 5 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 6 Just 65 people vote in referendum on town council's future
- 7 Long tailbacks on A11 after crash
- 8 WATCH: Speedy Eva, 81, runs fastest mile on record for her age group
- 9 Norfolk couple's hopes of £1m 'doorstop' sculpture dashed
- 10 Horse found with maggot-infested wounds wins rosette at equestrian show
Connaught welcome four touring teams, from Dartford (Kent), Croydon (Surrey), Glasgow, and Bath and Bristol. The club also is staging a men's county friendly, Norfolk v Middlesex on August 31.
There is a big internal programme, with roll-up sessions on Monday evenings and Tuesday and Thursday afternoons and a mixed triples league running on Thursday and Friday evenings. Weekends often see 'drives' and other bowling occasions sponsored by club members. Phone 01953 452273 for any details.
Public coaching sessions start on Saturday, May 1 from 10am to 12 noon. The sessions are free, bowls are provided and dress is informal (but wear flat-soled shoes). Phone 01953 789382 for any details.
The club's spring fair takes place on Saturday, May 8 from 10am. Plants, tombola, children's toys, books, cakes, bric-a-brac and refreshments (including licensed bar).