Exit for depleted Boro
South Walsham 3, Attleborough 1
ATTLEBOROUGH travelled to South Walsham with a depleted team for a Cyril Ballyn Trophy tie with a number of players letting the club down at the last minute.
Nevertheless, the 11 players who made the journey, which included J Vincent the manager, tried to battle on. The players rallied together and started strongly even though a number of them were playing out of position.
A number of chances came and went at either end where David Brown made some amazing saves, which was not bad for a central midfield player who was willing to play in any position for the club.
You may also want to watch:
By half-time South Walsham were 2-0 up after what was a wonder goal from a guided volley following a corner from 22 yards just under the bar.
Boro came back out after the break and equalised through Kane Wetteland after just five minutes which breathed some energy back into the team.
- 1 Howzat? Designer creates 3D printed cricket machine from Norfolk garage
- 2 'Such a shame' - youth football club targeted by criminals twice in two days
- 3 Call for government to listen to Norfolk over Tier 1 move
- 4 Great British Bake Off star endorses charity's special lockdown recipe book
- 5 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 6 Tea room to close for a week after coronavirus case confirmed
- 7 Norfolk coronavirus infection rates fall further
- 8 Man suffers life-threatening injuries in crash which closed A11 for several hours
- 9 Why Norfolk districts cannot be in different Covid tiers - yet
- 10 ‘Play your part in history’ - army of Norfolk volunteers needed for Covid vaccine roll out
There were some glimmers of the football Boro are now used to producing but the ball just did not break the defensive line.
Boro did come close after some set -plays but the ball was not going to find itself in the South Walsham net. Finally, with 10 minutes left South Walsham broke free and slotted home a third which ended the game 3-1.
J Vincent would like to thank all the players that showed commitment to the club and fought from start to finish even though it seemed like an uphill battle.