Exit for depleted Boro
South Walsham 3, Attleborough 1
ATTLEBOROUGH travelled to South Walsham with a depleted team for a Cyril Ballyn Trophy tie with a number of players letting the club down at the last minute.
Nevertheless, the 11 players who made the journey, which included J Vincent the manager, tried to battle on. The players rallied together and started strongly even though a number of them were playing out of position.
A number of chances came and went at either end where David Brown made some amazing saves, which was not bad for a central midfield player who was willing to play in any position for the club.
You may also want to watch:
By half-time South Walsham were 2-0 up after what was a wonder goal from a guided volley following a corner from 22 yards just under the bar.
Boro came back out after the break and equalised through Kane Wetteland after just five minutes which breathed some energy back into the team.
- 1 New Toolstation branch coming to market town?
- 2 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 3 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 4 £4.8m funding to tackle scourge of drugs in Norwich
- 5 Covid cases fall in every area of Norfolk for first time since June
- 6 Concerns raised over proposed energy park's impact on wildlife
- 7 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 8 Flooding fears recede in Norfolk but wind warning issued
- 9 'We won't throw away masks or anti-bac': Couple book post-vaccine holiday
- 10 Inquests into deaths at Banham Poultry adjourned for seventh time
There were some glimmers of the football Boro are now used to producing but the ball just did not break the defensive line.
Boro did come close after some set -plays but the ball was not going to find itself in the South Walsham net. Finally, with 10 minutes left South Walsham broke free and slotted home a third which ended the game 3-1.
J Vincent would like to thank all the players that showed commitment to the club and fought from start to finish even though it seemed like an uphill battle.