Exit for depleted Boro
South Walsham 3, Attleborough 1
ATTLEBOROUGH travelled to South Walsham with a depleted team for a Cyril Ballyn Trophy tie with a number of players letting the club down at the last minute.
Nevertheless, the 11 players who made the journey, which included J Vincent the manager, tried to battle on. The players rallied together and started strongly even though a number of them were playing out of position.
A number of chances came and went at either end where David Brown made some amazing saves, which was not bad for a central midfield player who was willing to play in any position for the club.
By half-time South Walsham were 2-0 up after what was a wonder goal from a guided volley following a corner from 22 yards just under the bar.
Boro came back out after the break and equalised through Kane Wetteland after just five minutes which breathed some energy back into the team.
- 1 Man assaults delivery driver and runs off with sack of parcels
- 2 See inside this idyllic family home up for sale with NO nearby neighbours
- 3 Motorcyclist suffers serious leg injury and person cut from car after crash
- 4 Lotus reopens Norfolk test-track driving experiences and factory tour
- 5 Daughter's 100-mile charity pledge for father who died of cancer
- 6 Norfolk garden centre wins 27th gold medal at Chelsea Flower Show
- 7 Norfolk cricketer plays 1000th game - months after rare virus
- 8 Serious road crash hotspots in Norfolk revealed as fatalities fall
- 9 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 10 9 major jubilee events taking place across Norfolk
There were some glimmers of the football Boro are now used to producing but the ball just did not break the defensive line.
Boro did come close after some set -plays but the ball was not going to find itself in the South Walsham net. Finally, with 10 minutes left South Walsham broke free and slotted home a third which ended the game 3-1.
J Vincent would like to thank all the players that showed commitment to the club and fought from start to finish even though it seemed like an uphill battle.