Exit for depleted Boro
South Walsham 3, Attleborough 1
ATTLEBOROUGH travelled to South Walsham with a depleted team for a Cyril Ballyn Trophy tie with a number of players letting the club down at the last minute.
Nevertheless, the 11 players who made the journey, which included J Vincent the manager, tried to battle on. The players rallied together and started strongly even though a number of them were playing out of position.
A number of chances came and went at either end where David Brown made some amazing saves, which was not bad for a central midfield player who was willing to play in any position for the club.
You may also want to watch:
By half-time South Walsham were 2-0 up after what was a wonder goal from a guided volley following a corner from 22 yards just under the bar.
Boro came back out after the break and equalised through Kane Wetteland after just five minutes which breathed some energy back into the team.
- 1 Lifeguard, 18, saves teenager from drowning in first days on job
- 2 Ex-pupils and staff reunite at former village school
- 3 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 4 Arts centre announces reopening after Covid-forced hibernation
- 5 Full steam ahead for track renewal work on railway
- 6 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 7 Pony hire business to offer circus shows in your garden
- 8 Car crashes into central reservation on A11
- 9 Villagers gather for unveiling of play area after £45k fundraiser
- 10 Bakeaholics teen owner buys herself a whopping new kitchen
There were some glimmers of the football Boro are now used to producing but the ball just did not break the defensive line.
Boro did come close after some set -plays but the ball was not going to find itself in the South Walsham net. Finally, with 10 minutes left South Walsham broke free and slotted home a third which ended the game 3-1.
J Vincent would like to thank all the players that showed commitment to the club and fought from start to finish even though it seemed like an uphill battle.