Exciting finish for Connaught
CONNAUGHT Bowls Club Attleborough had a mainly successful week of league matches.In the Men's EBA, Division South One, Connaught A won 48-47 (4-1) at Swardeston after an exciting finish.
CONNAUGHT Bowls Club Attleborough had a mainly successful week of league matches.
In the Men's EBA, Division South One, Connaught A won 48-47 (4-1) at Swardeston after an exciting finish. J Ross 17-11, T Makings 17-15, W Adcock 14-21. The match could have gone either way but Connaught just did enough on the last end of the last rink to finish.
In the Breckland League Connaught Ladies won an equally tense match at home to Thetford by 48-46 (6-2). S Bragg 17-16, C Beavers 15-12, S Parsons 16-18.
In the Ashill Mixed Triples League, Division One, Connaught A lost 39-61 (1-7) at Swaffham A.
You may also want to watch:
Also in Division One Connaught B won 63-52 (6-2) at home to Aldiss Park. In Division Four Connaught C won 48-44 (6-2) at Diss.
In the National Over-55 singles Jim Ross beat Peter Scott 21-15 at Thetford.
- 1 Nine in 10 want more Post Office services – but no new branch on the cards
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk elections 2021: Conservative gain in the south
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 5 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 6 7 cheap or free things to do in Norfolk this weekend
- 7 Who can I vote for on Election Day 2021 in Wymondham?
- 8 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 9 Norfolk airfield to host testing of 'world-first' electric plane
- 10 Town's mayor re-elected despite complaint over date of vote