South Norfolk teenagers become national boxing champions
- Credit: Attleborough Boxing Club
Two teenage members of Attleborough Boxing Club have become national junior champions.
Tommy Fletcher, 16, and Lydia 'Socks' Nagle, 15, travelled to Rotherham for the England Boxing National Junior Championships final.
Lydia competed in the Class A female 50kg and Tommy in the Class B Male 70-75kg on Sunday, March 25.
In a strong start against Roxanne Fraser of Islington, the referee was forced to give Roxanne a standing eight count just before the bell in round two, and in round three Lydia won the match with a right hook after just 15 seconds, putting her through to the final.
After three rounds against Sadie Whiteland of Bletchley, Lydia was declared champion of her category by way of a split decision.
You may also want to watch:
Tommy was announced champion in close match against Khalid Ayub, from Warrior Breed Boxing Club, also by way of a split decision, and made it onto the England Boxing talent path.
- 1 Former factory site to become a new church
- 2 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 3 Woodforde's takes over Old Buckenham pub closed for two years
- 4 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 5 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 6 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 7 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 8 See inside this restored period farmhouse for sale for £850,000
- 9 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 10 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters