Ellingham set for derby
GREAT Ellingham A travelled to Hardingham on Sunday. Hardingham won the toss elected to bat and got of to a flying start with Fowle (36) and Dowins (68) scoring freely.
GREAT Ellingham A travelled to Hardingham on Sunday.
Hardingham won the toss elected to bat and got of to a flying start with Fowle (36) and Dowins (68) scoring freely.
The introduction of C Oxborough to the attack lowered the run rate and Ellingham begin to fight back. Stearman in his first outing for the seniors took three good wickets including Dowins, Hawkins again bowled well and took the vital wicket of Stuart (32), Hardingham finally posting an impressive 207 for eight.
Ellingham's reply got off to a slow but solid start with a 41-run opening partnership. Garrod held the innings together with a fine 62, and was ably supported by youngster D Thompson (21 not out) who for the second week running batted with great intelligence.
You may also want to watch:
Ellingham finally ran out of overs with a respectable 160 for five on the board.
This week, it's the local derby at home to Rocklands.
- 1 Your photos as blanket of snow covers Wymondham and Attleborough
- 2 Donations mean 13 vulnerable children will get laptops at home
- 3 Driver escapes serious injury after 4x4 flips onto roof
- 4 Is your surname on this list? You could inherit a fortune
- 5 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 6 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 7 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 8 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 9 30,000 people in Norfolk have received first Covid vaccine dose so far
- 10 Bird flu containment 'successfully completed' at infected turkey farms
Great Ellingham U13 travelled to Belton on Sunday and recorded their first victory of this year's campaign. Belton batting first were restricted to 68 but a fine bowling and fielding display with both Lake and Perry ending with identical figures of 3-0-7-1. Jack Fuller in is first U13's match also bowled extremely well.
Ellingham's reply was build round a very solid 55-run second wicket partnership between Lake (27) and Perry (22) with Ellingham reaching the required total in the 15th over.
A great performance, roll on Tas Valley.