Ellingham set for derby
GREAT Ellingham A travelled to Hardingham on Sunday. Hardingham won the toss elected to bat and got of to a flying start with Fowle (36) and Dowins (68) scoring freely.
GREAT Ellingham A travelled to Hardingham on Sunday.
Hardingham won the toss elected to bat and got of to a flying start with Fowle (36) and Dowins (68) scoring freely.
The introduction of C Oxborough to the attack lowered the run rate and Ellingham begin to fight back. Stearman in his first outing for the seniors took three good wickets including Dowins, Hawkins again bowled well and took the vital wicket of Stuart (32), Hardingham finally posting an impressive 207 for eight.
Ellingham's reply got off to a slow but solid start with a 41-run opening partnership. Garrod held the innings together with a fine 62, and was ably supported by youngster D Thompson (21 not out) who for the second week running batted with great intelligence.
You may also want to watch:
Ellingham finally ran out of overs with a respectable 160 for five on the board.
This week, it's the local derby at home to Rocklands.
- 1 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 2 Millions could be spent on better cycle routes around Norwich
- 3 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 4 Indian variant Covid cases in Norfolk 'cause to be cautious'
- 5 Norfolk nurse's 'lightbulb moment' leads to star-studded dog show panel
- 6 "Buzz" at Norfolk gyms as classes return indoors
- 7 Ofsted praise for ‘inadequate’ Norfolk special school
- 8 'Let air in' - New campaign launched as lockdown measures eased
- 9 How can we manage the cost of my mother's care?
- 10 Concerns over divide in vaccine rates - what's the situation where you live?
Great Ellingham U13 travelled to Belton on Sunday and recorded their first victory of this year's campaign. Belton batting first were restricted to 68 but a fine bowling and fielding display with both Lake and Perry ending with identical figures of 3-0-7-1. Jack Fuller in is first U13's match also bowled extremely well.
Ellingham's reply was build round a very solid 55-run second wicket partnership between Lake (27) and Perry (22) with Ellingham reaching the required total in the 15th over.
A great performance, roll on Tas Valley.