Ellingham edge out Hales
ELLINGHAM edged out a youthful Hales side in a low-scoring clash on Sunday. Hales won the toss and elected to bat in damp conditions. The dangerous Anderson (12) was removed after some early lusty blows.
ELLINGHAM edged out a youthful Hales side in a low-scoring clash on Sunday.
Hales won the toss and elected to bat in damp conditions. The dangerous Anderson (12) was removed after some lusty blows. Ellingham continued to pick up regular wickets. Standley
(2-12), Empson (1-11), Ledeboer (2-19), Lawrence (1-16), Potter (3-21) and Smith (1-3) all picked up wickets and bowled well.
There were useful contributions from Henderson (11), Squire (30) and Kaye (10) as Hales were dismissed for 85.
You may also want to watch:
In reply, Ellingham began well with Allum (12) and Ewin (11) putting on 33 for the first wicket.
However, some excellent bowling and poor shot selection saw them tumble to 46-5. Henderson (4-14) bowled an excellent spell, he was well supported by Pitcher (2-8) and the luckless Anderson (0-27).
- 1 Nine in 10 want more Post Office services – but no new branch on the cards
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 3 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 4 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 5 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 6 7 cheap or free things to do in Norfolk this weekend
- 7 Norfolk and Suffolk elections 2021: Conservative gain in the south
- 8 Norfolk airfield to host testing of 'world-first' electric plane
- 9 Who can I vote for on Election Day 2021 in Wymondham?
- 10 The postcard collector who preserved Norfolk history
In the end it was left to the returning Steve Drew (22no) to steady Ellingham to victory with three wickets to spare.