Ellingham edge out Hales
ELLINGHAM edged out a youthful Hales side in a low-scoring clash on Sunday. Hales won the toss and elected to bat in damp conditions. The dangerous Anderson (12) was removed after some early lusty blows.
ELLINGHAM edged out a youthful Hales side in a low-scoring clash on Sunday.
Hales won the toss and elected to bat in damp conditions. The dangerous Anderson (12) was removed after some lusty blows. Ellingham continued to pick up regular wickets. Standley
(2-12), Empson (1-11), Ledeboer (2-19), Lawrence (1-16), Potter (3-21) and Smith (1-3) all picked up wickets and bowled well.
There were useful contributions from Henderson (11), Squire (30) and Kaye (10) as Hales were dismissed for 85.
You may also want to watch:
In reply, Ellingham began well with Allum (12) and Ewin (11) putting on 33 for the first wicket.
However, some excellent bowling and poor shot selection saw them tumble to 46-5. Henderson (4-14) bowled an excellent spell, he was well supported by Pitcher (2-8) and the luckless Anderson (0-27).
- 1 Former factory site to become a new church
- 2 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 3 Woodforde's takes over Old Buckenham pub closed for two years
- 4 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 5 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 6 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 7 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 8 See inside this restored period farmhouse for sale for £850,000
- 9 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 10 Chainsaw and 10 horse saddles stolen in burglary
In the end it was left to the returning Steve Drew (22no) to steady Ellingham to victory with three wickets to spare.