Ellingham edge out Hales
ELLINGHAM edged out a youthful Hales side in a low-scoring clash on Sunday. Hales won the toss and elected to bat in damp conditions. The dangerous Anderson (12) was removed after some early lusty blows.
ELLINGHAM edged out a youthful Hales side in a low-scoring clash on Sunday.
Hales won the toss and elected to bat in damp conditions. The dangerous Anderson (12) was removed after some lusty blows. Ellingham continued to pick up regular wickets. Standley
(2-12), Empson (1-11), Ledeboer (2-19), Lawrence (1-16), Potter (3-21) and Smith (1-3) all picked up wickets and bowled well.
There were useful contributions from Henderson (11), Squire (30) and Kaye (10) as Hales were dismissed for 85.
In reply, Ellingham began well with Allum (12) and Ewin (11) putting on 33 for the first wicket.
However, some excellent bowling and poor shot selection saw them tumble to 46-5. Henderson (4-14) bowled an excellent spell, he was well supported by Pitcher (2-8) and the luckless Anderson (0-27).
- 1 Daughter's 100-mile charity pledge for father who died of cancer
- 2 A11 closure to continue as roadworks finally begin
- 3 Country park to host jubilee picnic with street food, Pimm's and cream teas
- 4 Pro dancer transforms Norfolk barber's shop into a new pilates studio
- 5 Heritage railway plans running days to celebrate Queen's Jubilee
- 6 Two lorries and two cars involved in crash on A11
- 7 Drivers face delays on A11 - and the bulk of the work has yet to begin
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 Church with planning permission for home conversion up for auction
- 10 Recessions, a fire and a pandemic: Landlords look back on 20 years at pub
In the end it was left to the returning Steve Drew (22no) to steady Ellingham to victory with three wickets to spare.