Draw for Wymondham
WYMONDHAM put in a battling team performance to draw 2-2 with K&P Reserves. As is the norm with Wymondham, changes were forced upon manager Garwood. Kirkley had the better of the opening stages.
WYMONDHAM put in a battling team performance to draw 2-2 with K&P Reserves. As is the norm with Wymondham, changes were forced upon manager Garwood.
Kirkley had the better of the opening stages. The back four of Rackham, Cracknell, Peel and Hill protected keeper Hodges impeccably.
From the first real opening Kirkley took the lead midway through the half. A through ball was slipped to the onrushing Kirkley player. He drew keeper Hodges and slotted into the roof of the net.
This spurned Town on and they started to put some tough tackles in on their more illustrious opponents. The equaliser came from a Rackham throw-in. Scadden turned his marker in the box, he drew the keeper and slotted home from close range.
Confidence increased and Town held their own for the reminder of the half.
Kirkley added another goal but Wymondham's second came from the penalty spot for hand-ball and Priest held his nerve and slotted home.
- 1 Daughter's 100-mile charity pledge for father who died of cancer
- 2 A11 closure to continue as roadworks finally begin
- 3 Country park to host jubilee picnic with street food, Pimm's and cream teas
- 4 Pro dancer transforms Norfolk barber's shop into a new pilates studio
- 5 Heritage railway plans running days to celebrate Queen's Jubilee
- 6 Two lorries and two cars involved in crash on A11
- 7 Church with planning permission for home conversion up for auction
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 Drivers face delays on A11 - and the bulk of the work has yet to begin
- 10 Recessions, a fire and a pandemic: Landlords look back on 20 years at pub
MoM: Cracknell in defence.