Disappointing start to season for Hethersett teams
- Credit: PA
Hethersett Athletic's senior teams had a disappointing start to the new season, taking just one point from four games in two leagues.
This season sees Hethersett Athletic Saturday and Hethersett Athletic Old Boys both competing in Division One of the Central and South Norfolk League following its amalgamation with the former Norwich Saturday League.
It was a shaky start for both, however, as Saturday went down 4-1 at home to Longham and Old Boys lost 2-0 at Mulbarton A.
Athletic Sunday Firsts were well beaten by Woolpack 6-0 in the Norwich Sunday League Division Two, while the reserves were the only club team to take a point following a 1-1 draw at home to FC Viking in Division Four with their goal coming from Dion Hill.
This week Hethersett Saturday visit Sporle while Old Boys are home to Shipdham.
You may also want to watch:
Sunday Reserves are away to Nelson Athletic.
- 1 Lifeguard, 18, saves teenager from drowning in first days on job
- 2 Ex-pupils and staff reunite at former village school
- 3 Full steam ahead for track renewal work on railway
- 4 Arts centre announces reopening after Covid-forced hibernation
- 5 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 6 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 7 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 8 Should I invest in Shareholder Protection?
- 9 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Norfolk
- 10 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected