Disappointing start to season for Hethersett teams
- Credit: PA
Hethersett Athletic's senior teams had a disappointing start to the new season, taking just one point from four games in two leagues.
This season sees Hethersett Athletic Saturday and Hethersett Athletic Old Boys both competing in Division One of the Central and South Norfolk League following its amalgamation with the former Norwich Saturday League.
It was a shaky start for both, however, as Saturday went down 4-1 at home to Longham and Old Boys lost 2-0 at Mulbarton A.
Athletic Sunday Firsts were well beaten by Woolpack 6-0 in the Norwich Sunday League Division Two, while the reserves were the only club team to take a point following a 1-1 draw at home to FC Viking in Division Four with their goal coming from Dion Hill.
This week Hethersett Saturday visit Sporle while Old Boys are home to Shipdham.
You may also want to watch:
Sunday Reserves are away to Nelson Athletic.
- 1 Howzat? Designer creates 3D printed cricket machine from Norfolk garage
- 2 Fresh calls for Norfolk to move to tier one ahead of key Commons vote
- 3 Norfolk sees significant falls in Covid cases, figures show
- 4 How has Wymondham recovered from its coronavirus spike?
- 5 Dozens of new Covid marshals to become 'the eyes and ears of the districts'
- 6 Volunteers plant 1,000 trees at natural beauty spot
- 7 Care home bosses welcome proposed roll-out of rapid covid tests
- 8 Tea room to close for a week after coronavirus case confirmed
- 9 Are National Savings and Investments worth it?
- 10 How much do I need to save for a rainy day?