Determined Boro earn fine draw
Attleborough 1, West Lynn SSC 1ATTLEBOROUGH Town produced a battling performance full of tenacity and determination to claim a point from high-flying West Lynn last weekend.
Attleborough 1, West Lynn SSC 1
ATTLEBOROUGH Town produced a battling performance full of tenacity and determination to claim a point from high-flying West Lynn last weekend.
Despite losing stalwart veteran stopper Barry Wells, understudy Terry McArthur proved to be a safe pair of hands in the face of some testing pressure. The first half didn't start well for Boro with Lynn taking the lead. McArthur had done well to tip a shot onto the crossbar, but was helpless to stop the rebound being smashed home.
Despite the early setback, Boro were more than a match for their opponents.
You may also want to watch:
In the second half West Lynn emerged energised and enthusiastic and McArthur had to be alert to deal with half chances.
As the half progressed, Boro started to play their way into the ascendancy though chances were still at a premium.
- 1 Decision due over controversial plans for 200 new homes
- 2 Town council chaos emerges with groups not paying rent for decades
- 3 9 of the best places to see fireworks in Norfolk in 2021
- 4 Norfolk Covid-19 case rates increase slightly, with 55 in hospital
- 5 Attleborough gas work road closures postponed until after Christmas
- 6 'Unbelievably shocked': Norfolk garage team named best in country
- 7 'He would light up a room' - Tributes to community stalwart, Ian Harrison
- 8 Two cars involved in crash on A11 slip road
- 9 Road closed after tractor trailor overturns near Wymondham
- 10 'Bring it on' - New chief executive appointed to district council
Boro got the reward their efforts deserved when Cunningham won possession in midfield and threaded the ball through to the advancing Greenwood, who drew the defenders out of position before rolling the ball square across the box to the unmarked Lake who stroked the ball into the back of the net.
Despite all the pressure, Attleborough were unable to get the vital goal to claim the victory, however, with West Lynn well placed to make a bid for promotion, this match shows the progress the team have made under manager John Vincent.