Determined Boro earn fine draw
Attleborough 1, West Lynn SSC 1ATTLEBOROUGH Town produced a battling performance full of tenacity and determination to claim a point from high-flying West Lynn last weekend.
Attleborough 1, West Lynn SSC 1
ATTLEBOROUGH Town produced a battling performance full of tenacity and determination to claim a point from high-flying West Lynn last weekend.
Despite losing stalwart veteran stopper Barry Wells, understudy Terry McArthur proved to be a safe pair of hands in the face of some testing pressure. The first half didn't start well for Boro with Lynn taking the lead. McArthur had done well to tip a shot onto the crossbar, but was helpless to stop the rebound being smashed home.
Despite the early setback, Boro were more than a match for their opponents.
You may also want to watch:
In the second half West Lynn emerged energised and enthusiastic and McArthur had to be alert to deal with half chances.
As the half progressed, Boro started to play their way into the ascendancy though chances were still at a premium.
- 1 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 2 Lotus creates 250 new jobs - but will ditch some models
- 3 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 4 Can you rehome this Terrier who has spent nine years at animal sanctuary?
- 5 Missing 84-year-old man found safe and well
- 6 Covid led to huge fall in Norfolk parking fines and £1.3m budget hole
- 7 New Toolstation branch coming to Wymondham?
- 8 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 9 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 10 'Little fighter' Rian battling complex mix of heart conditions
Boro got the reward their efforts deserved when Cunningham won possession in midfield and threaded the ball through to the advancing Greenwood, who drew the defenders out of position before rolling the ball square across the box to the unmarked Lake who stroked the ball into the back of the net.
Despite all the pressure, Attleborough were unable to get the vital goal to claim the victory, however, with West Lynn well placed to make a bid for promotion, this match shows the progress the team have made under manager John Vincent.